Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2023, 06:49 AM

Friday 11th August 2023

Morning all. Overcast here so not sure what the weather has instore for today. Chris, that is why I hardly ever go in to a town shopping. Hate the crowds and the noise. I didn't use to be like that but I suppose as one gets older I prefer the quiet life. Not that I consider myself to be old or others on here because we are all young at heart. Right must away and see what the weather forecast says and trundle out. Have a good day everyone. Happy Birthday Melanie.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2023, 09:58 AM
Good morning Brenda hope you have a good day

No so nice today. Sarah and I had a lovely day yesterday making chocolate crispy cakes and brigadeiro sweets. We went to the beach in the afternoon and she played on the things they have dotted about the sea front and had an ice cream. we then came back and had a picnic in the garden. When she got home she immediately went out to play with her friends. She was no doubt one tired little girl last night. She did wake me at 615 am to tell me it was morning but I told her to go back to sleep but as she couldn't she watch a Disney movie on the laptop and let me have another hours sleep

Take are everyone
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2023, 10:54 AM
Good morning all

Brenda We are all merely recycled teenagers LOL have a great day.

Sue Sounds like Sarah has had a "perfect storm" school holiday day. So pleased for you both, have she tried flying kites at the beach?

Chris Good morning sure you will have had a cracking breakfast and now simply enjoying the day.

Lynn Enjoy your day and having your lad home will be lovely for all.

Griff Did Steve ever come and get the chair I think I may of missed it. How did the vets visit go and any news on your own operation yet?

I myself have been out and at 'em; since about 6ish I like Sarah could not sleep but not having the foresight to watch a Disney movie I got up. Now about to mow the back grass weed a little and deadhead the roses. The sun is trying its best to shine but overcast here bedding blowing nicely on the line though since early morning.

Have a great day all.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2023, 11:17 AM
Afternoon all
Yeah, Steve got the chair, I rarely see him now and haven't spoken to him for a couple of days.
Been back and forth to the drs constantly with one thing and another and nope....no word on surgery, the genetic counsellor has been in touch with me and they want more information....I don't know that I can give it, the people concerned are dead so who can I ask?? Mum will help me, dad's family....I am not asking anything about them, will guess the answers to the questions.
I am having a flare up at the moment and walking is becoming problematic.... going to save some money for a private consultation with my old consultant and go to Oxford/ Banbury NHS afterwards.
Lovely and sunny yesterday and again today, might drag myself out later, I need to keep moving or I might never get going again lol
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2023, 03:58 PM
Garden done dead heading done paths swept weeds "beaten back" LOL I have a garden not a jungle again (at least till next week) Just the green waste to dispose of tomorrow.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2023, 06:45 PM
Aw Kelly. I wish there was something that could be done to help you be fit and well again. What you go through must be wearing you down. Big, virtual hugs winging their way to you as I type x
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2023, 07:41 PM
Thank you Chris, I am getting a bit frustrated but, tomorrow is another day!
Hope you get the scooter issue resolved, mum mentioned getting one the other day and alarm bells rang
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-08-2023, 08:45 PM
Don't let my experience put your mum off. Honestly, I've a scooter in the shed that must be over 15 years old now and has never had a service, yet has never had a problem. In fact, we've been using that and a scooter we bought second hand since the problem scooter went back to the shop. I just think the two scooters we bought were from a 'bad batch' as they usually have a good name.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2023, 02:26 AM
Thank you Chris, she saw Arnold boy with a remote control folding one... she "really liked the colour" and she has Searched for it, eventually found it, it's by Middleton's and she said they were closed or closing down...so that's a no go. If she found a good one, she could get it wrapped if she's really that bothered.....I haven't mentioned that....yet!