Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2023, 07:42 AM

Sunny Sunday 6th August 2023

Morning all. Well what a difference it is this morning from yesterday. Blue skies, sun and when I went for my walk down the beach it was very low tide and hardly any puddles along the prom and the grass was so green but virtually dry. Amazing.
Hope you all have a good day doing whatever takes your fancy. Barry my dog Bobby did tiddle on me once when we were at a different dog show when he was only just starting obedience shows and that was when I was sitting on a hay bale in white trousers and yep I had a lovely yellow stain after that. He soon learnt that he didn't pee on me. Bless him.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-08-2023, 09:36 AM
Brenda not the dog any more so now instead you are into DIY
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2023, 09:52 AM
Good morning Brenda pleased you had a good walk n the sun

Lovely here this morning too. Teazle walked and the second car cleaned. I have to do both as Barry says as I use them I clean them. Don't know why we have two as he never drives if he can help it but says he might need it if I am not here.

Take care everyone
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2023, 10:06 AM
Typical man. I had to laugh wryly when I left my husband because he said he wanted the hoover. Now he never used it so why? I let him take it as I had a small one that I use. bg!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2023, 10:09 AM
Morning brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Same here brenda, sunny, warmish and breezy. Doing as much washing as possible dog bits too while the sun and breeze are about.
Our friends Bev and Colin are coming round later for a cuppa with Boo to meet Brewster properly last time he was in the dog buggy and not allowed down to mix.
Bev is looking after Brewster next Saturday for a few hours while we go to Freya's Birthday party. Mark was working this weekend. Her actual Birthday was yesterday 2 years old.

I am thinking Boo will put Brewster in his place today I think as he can get a bit full on, naughty puppy syndrome kicking in well and truly now.

Sue all you do I would have thought Barry could wash the cars ?
I hope you have a restful day ahead now.

griff I hope you have a good Sunday.
Also Chris and also Kazz.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2023, 10:25 AM
Good morning all

Blimey Lynn, Freya can't possibly be two already - wow, where has that gone.

We are just coming out the other side of full-on puppy syndrome. Puppies are cute and funny, but hard work - especially as we get older. Thankfully, Ted is settling down into our lifestyle now and life is so much easier. He's a real pleasure to have now. Brewster will soon get there Lynn. Just be consistent and he'll settle

Lovely morning. Quite breezy, but nice. The carnival is just starting to get going down on the green so we had breakfast accompanied by Abba and the Beachboys The cafe is at the side of the village green
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2023, 10:46 AM
Morning Chris. I know we said the same two already another 2 to 2.5 years and she will be off to school.
Not a bad playlist to listen too while having breakfast.

We will come out the other side Chris. As you say getting older makes it harder work.
We are slowly getting the puppy biting under control and ragging on clothes when we move about.
He is house trained though, yesterday due to the rain and it being so cold we had the patio door closed too except for a crack so he could lie there and get some air.
He pawed at the door to ask to go out and did a wee.
He went through the night 10.30 till 5.45 no accidents, pee pads by the back door dry.
Not bad for 14 weeks old.
I always say like with children things have to be done one thing at a time and when they've mastered one thing the next one can be seriously worked on and start to sink in.
Also once those adult teeth come in he should start to settle with the biting/nipping. Poor Gorden's arms need a rest from it all.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2023, 11:22 AM
Ted finished the puppy biting a couple of weeks ago. He's never ragged clothes, but housetraining is definitely a work in progress. He will use mats reliably (these were started off by the breeder) so my carpets are safe, but he thinks the garden is for playing and hasn't connected the dots yet. He will. It's all part of the learning curve and they all get there in the end with a bit of consistency
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-08-2023, 11:38 AM
They do. It sounds like Ted is doing it back to front to Brewster.
I have trained Gorden the training regime he picked it up quickly.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2023, 01:19 PM
Not sure what you mean Barry? I taught Bobby in the end to go on command, easier for going to shows. He also knew not to toilet if walking round shops.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >