Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
DavidC
Dogsey Junior
Male 

18-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by WheatenDaneMom View Post
It's different here in the states but very easy to do. I think if you go to the vet and have your dog scanned it will pull the number....
We do have the microchip number.
2Greys
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-08-2011, 05:28 PM
I think if you contact the company they would then send a letter to the registered owner to approve the change, probably best to just ring up and ask.

If they didn't want the dog bred from it would've been better to just get him neutered before rehoming.
WhichPets
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by DavidC View Post
You were.

Well when we went to get him, they said no it didn't include the papers, they never are when sold half price.

We knew we were getting him cheaper than one would get a pup, but I was under the impressions we were getting him a bit cheaper was because he was 2 years old, not for any other reason, they say not and said we could pay full price if wanted his papers.

I said I was told we'd get them and be able to transfer them, yada yada yada. We were getting nowhere, and ultimately we were given the choice of having the papers, but losing the 14 day trial return from the contract, or vice versa. Since we felt we 'needed' the possible return period as we needed to make sure our cats would be ok with him, we decided to leave the KC registration. Our other reasoning being that since we only wanted a pet, not to enter him into KC shows, then it probably ultimately didn't matter to us. I think they were worried we'd want to breed from him or something, but there were restrictions on that on his papers anyway, so we didn't see what difference that made.

I asked to see them and check the chip ID to make sure they were at least genuine. But it did get my back up.
Shame it all got so complicated and that they didn't give you the papers anyway, but I guess if you never want to show anyway not much is lost.

Good luck sorting out the chip - I am going to give the petlog people a ring in the next couple of days and see what they say - otherwise will contact the breeder. I am sure you could take a similar route and you'll get it sorted soon
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-08-2011, 06:13 PM
If you don't want to talk to the breeder because you feel a bit miffed about the moving goalposts could you not just send a friendly email pointing out you need the details off the chip registration document in order to change the ownership details otherwise should he ever go missing the chip will still have their details on, so if picked up by the dog warden they will be contacting them rather than you which will obviously slow down or prevent him being returned to you. Which seeing as you now own him would be an unnecessary inconvenience for them. Blah blah, when annoyed with someoneI find it much easier to be polite by email than phone.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2