View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2009, 10:26 PM
Tilly had similar a few weeks ago, red eye & greeny/yellow gunk. Took her to the vets & it was conjunctivitis. Prescribed some creamy drop & it cleared up within a few days.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 06:18 AM
We have an appointment this evening. I thought I might be able to treat it myself but decided better have it checked out as eyes are so important. But I am reluctant to try antibiotics. I suppose the cream is antibiotic though?
I will try the teabags too.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 07:19 AM
Hope all goes well tonight. If they prescribe cream ask the vet to show you how to put it in properly. The first time we had to do it was very hard. They have an inner eyelid that goes across. Our vet was so good taking the time to explain the anatomy of the eye and how best to administer it.
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 05:07 PM
We've seen the vet and been given eyedrops. No explanation about how to use them though, but I have past experience with my children! Hope they do the trick. I was told it is only passed on by contact so would be difficult for another dog to catch it from her.
Otherwise she is in good health ... and she is letting me know this by pulling everything off the kitchen table.
Rio
Dogsey Senior
Female 

07-04-2009, 05:27 PM
Hi, one of my dogs had conjunctivitis and i was given eye drops and it cleared up quite quickly and it can be contagous from your discription its possible thats could be what it is even so i would go to the vets an gat it checked out the eye is delicate best get it looked at let us know what the vet says
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally Posted by talassie View Post
We've seen the vet and been given eyedrops. No explanation about how to use them though, but I have past experience with my children! Hope they do the trick. I was told it is only passed on by contact so would be difficult for another dog to catch it from her.
Otherwise she is in good health ... and she is letting me know this by pulling everything off the kitchen table.
I had to drop them in two different ways each time I got some - either by pulling up the upper eyelid and dropping the ointment on the white of the eye, or by pulling down the lower eyelid and dropping it in there. Whichever, it's just important to make sure the tube doesn't touch the eye because it can transfer any contamination to the other eye, etc.

Hope it works quickly for you.
x
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2009, 06:11 PM
That's helpful. What I did was put the drop into the corner of the eye and sort of squeezed the skin around the eye so that the drop went into the eye. Sometimes it drips down the face before I have time to squeeze it in though!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2