Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Animalcrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-10-2008, 08:34 PM

Permission to show

Has anyone had this problem? I wrote to the KC to get permission to continue showing my parents papillon. The panel sat at the beginning of September and we still are waiting for a decision. Is it me or does a month seem a long while for a letter to arrive with the answer on. We have paid entries and not been able to attend at least 3 shows in this time and they have promised me for the last 2 weeks i will hear before the weekend so i can attend. But yes yet again i have no permission so i will have to miss yet another show tomorrow, it's getting very expensive.
Louise13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 09:11 PM
Sorry...why do you need permission to show???
rachelsetters
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 09:14 PM
What is the reason you need permission to show - when Max had his tail op I am sure the permission to show was very quick in being returned.
Thalice
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-10-2008, 09:50 PM
HI there
It may be because of the the reason why you are requesting permission to show. I have not had any problems with neutering - reply virtually by return of post. Removal of tumours took a bit longer, but within 14 days.

All the above take the dog out of the ring for a considerable amount of time so I wasnt worried about any delay.

There may well be a query as to whether it is cosmetic or for health reasons giving them a difficult decision to make.

Hope all goes well

Thalice's mum
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-10-2008, 11:00 PM
Have you contacted the KC and asked if it was actually put to the panel at the beginning of the month as depending on what they have to go through and priorities they may well have postponed it til the next meeting. If you contact the KC they should be able to tell you if it went before them and what the decision was. Obviously you still want that confirmed in writing. Sorry can't comment further as I don't know what permission it is you are seeking
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 08:43 AM
Bearing in mind everything the KC is going through at the moment...there seems to be a delay on many things. My GCDS stuff took over a month to be renewed. (I seemt o be getting all the press releases very prompty though! )
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 09:09 AM
Why do you need permission, the reply depends on that really. It would be well worth phoning them in case your application has not been received or a reply has been sent that you have not got.
KateM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-10-2008, 09:55 AM
It sometimes takes longer if they have to contact your vet (assuming here she has undergone some sort of operation that may change her confirmation). It does help if your applying that you get a letter/report from the vet to send with the application

Definately check they've received it though cos it should be through fairly quickly.
Animalcrazy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

11-10-2008, 08:26 PM
Thanks for all your comments. The reason we are applying for permission is because he had an op on his knee it was dislocating. i have spoke to the KC and they told me it definitely went to panel and i would hear by the weekend following the phone call and that was 2 weeks ago. i sent the letter from the vet with the application as they requested following a phone call to them to find out what the procedure was for this. Anyway back the show today and there was only one dog in his class that turned up so absolutely gutted not to have had him there. enjoyed the show though and my daughter had a good day with her flat coat.
thanks again for your comments
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Ahh a luxating patella. Shouldnt be a problem with that I wouldnt think.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >