Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2006, 12:37 PM

Water at Bootsales

OK - well thanks to Gaz_webber - we've decided when we sell this weekend, we'll take some water along to put out for people's dogs - as you often see them being dragged around hot bootsales, barely able to breathe.

We wanted as well to make up a petition for people to sign, to get a water 'feature' in there every week. Basically donations of bowls/tubs and bottles gratefully accepted, and the stewards can fill the bottles at the local leisure centre/hospital, and put the bowls at the entrences etc every week so people can use the facility.

Basically we want to hand out information to anyone who'll take it, saying why dogs suffer in hot weather - just a little info sheet explaining the dos and dont's and we'll get peope to sign petitions too

Yes or no as to whether it is a good idea - and any advice? and if anyone has a link to the dos and dont's of hot weather - then can you let me know?

thanks all!

xx
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2006, 01:59 PM
I think it's a great idea, really the organisers should think of things like that for themselves!

At least they're allowed where you are, most round here have been banned from bootsales now.
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

08-06-2006, 02:05 PM
It is a great idea, some shops around here used to do that until the RSPCA stepped in. They explained that it was a good way to pass on diseases, having bowls of water standing, for example someone's dog has something, has a drink then they dribble a bit back into the bowl etc then a healthy dog comes along and could pick up the disease through the water.

However if there was like a prper drinking fountain that the owners could use there own bowls etc that would be a great idea.

Sorry to put a damper on things.

Ian
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2006, 02:10 PM
Its ok - i hadn't thought of that - you have a very valid point - and will rethink the idea now thank you

xx
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-06-2006, 02:13 PM
I would never leave home with my dogs without water whatever the weather ....we take bottles in a cold box if its hot