Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 03:41 PM

Legless But Not On Booze

Hi saw this on Bondi Vet,and even though I believe where there is life there is hope,not sure if this is going to far,and I asked myself would I do anything for my beloved dogs to save them,mulled it over and I would probably say yes but still not absolutely sure.
What do you think is it medical science gone mad.Gemini54

SusieL
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Seen this before and still not sure what I think. The dog seems happy and is obviously much loved. Being a dog it probably never knew it was supposed to have four working legs anyway so just adapted to what it had. I expect as it ages there must be some ill effects on its hips etc. from the awkward and unnatural posture but as long as the owners are aware and don't let it suffer, whose to say what's right or wrong?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Agree with Sue - it's lovely to see the dog happy but I'd worry about her joints too. Wonder if they could get something made for balance for the front? Like Rex had: Rex, His Story.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 05:58 PM
Azz Faith is now quite an old dog and I believe they are looking for something to assist her now as she is having difficulties.

Not sure what is meant by 'medical science gone mad' it is hardly some insane freak surgery. It was amputation of two useless legs.

Faith the 2 legged dog is world famous. Has her own website, bookface pages, is the subject of a book and has featured on animal planet trailers for a long time.

I believe she is well over 10 years old now. And last I saw she wasn't 'doing so good' but then nor are a lot of 4 legged dogs who reach that age.

I don't consider this cyber begging but think the appeal is for people to buy or download the book from Amazon to assist with raising the funds needed now.
http://faiththedog.info/content/fait...licks#comments
Gemini54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2013, 08:03 AM
Hi You are right,and all credit to the owners,they retired her recently she was 10years old,no sign of athiritis,so maybe its true if you have to exert yourself,you work all your muscles,I remember after my accident being put to two bars,it was such an effort but just kept on and my legs became stronger
Gemini54