View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Darcy Boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2013, 03:44 PM
I hope you do not meet with this woman again, how unfortunate that you did, she sounds worse than dreadful.

I feel very sorry for her dogs & child.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2013, 05:13 PM
I have to say a good few years ago Sal (SBT) and I got ambushed and attacked by a Yorkie off lead in the park car park. I ended u picking Sal (35lb) SBT up so we did not have a confrontation the people eventually came over to me as if it were the most natural thing in the world to see a woman holding SBT in her arms. They said "He doesn't bit hard and means no harm he just thinks he's king of the park" I muttered something about being a dead King of the park and then put Sal in the car no she was not at all aggressive however the Yorkie did mean business and one bite from Sal would have been a tide turning event which I was willing to let happen. Never saw them again, seems a little surreal now.
But Sal was not impressed at being picked up oddly if it had been the week before it could have ended differently as Tess (SBT) had died under GA so I would have been unable to do anything but hold on tight and keep the Yorkie a bay with my foot.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2013, 06:06 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
I have to say a good few years ago Sal (SBT) and I got ambushed and attacked by a Yorkie off lead in the park car park. I ended u picking Sal (35lb) SBT up so we did not have a confrontation the people eventually came over to me as if it were the most natural thing in the world to see a woman holding SBT in her arms. They said "He doesn't bit hard and means no harm he just thinks he's king of the park" I muttered something about being a dead King of the park and then put Sal in the car no she was not at all aggressive however the Yorkie did mean business and one bite from Sal would have been a tide turning event which I was willing to let happen. Never saw them again, seems a little surreal now.
But Sal was not impressed at being picked up oddly if it had been the week before it could have ended differently as Tess (SBT) had died under GA so I would have been unable to do anything but hold on tight and keep the Yorkie a bay with my foot.
Brings back memories of my GSD owning years KAZZ. If I saw one 'off lead' heading towards us I'd shout out - 'put yours on the lead or I will have to let mine off' and that usually did the trick (not that she'd have done anything other than lick them to death) but why the hell should I have my arm being ripped from its socket by my dog trying to 'join in with' a dog that is running loose while she is on lead?

We had a neighbouring JRT who used to actually leap up at her rear end and hang on with his teeth! He was determined to have his way with her and she totally ignored him most of the time - we lived in a small cul de sac of just 9 houses on 3 sides with no road just grass and trees in the middle so everyone could see what was going on and everyone thought it was 'funny'. The owner of the JRT did not however think it was funny when, one day, old Sal just turned on him and 'bowled him over and over' much the same as she used to do with her football. The owner was screaming that she was going to kill him. I was bluddy laughing and telling her if she wanted to kill him he'd be dead by now and that she was just teaching him a lesson after putting up with so much 'rude' behaviour from him.

*Confess to sometimes wishing she would kill him as it was the same JRT who was just allowed to 'roam' the cul de sac all the time and who used to p*ss over my milk when it was delivered if I didn't get it in in time and bite my kids shoes whenever they played ball outside.
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Thank you so much everyone for your support - it was probably weak and silly to be so upset by the confrontation, but this woman was something else

Today, I have learnt more. Apparently she is notorious......a gentleman with a rescue Boxer (well, it is more shire horse than boxer actually - it's enormous ) took her to task one day because he was sick of her dogs harassing his, but also he was angry because he saw her totally ignore all the poops that her dogs deposited. He marched up to her and tried to hand over a handful of poo bags, saying "please use them". He was rewarded with the same earful that I suffered. Many people now avoid that particular area when walking their dogs, and yet the powers that be have done nothing in spite of many complaints. I think that I will keep ringing, and keep making a nuisance of myself, until something is done about her.

It probably doesn't help that Herefordshire Council are struggling in a big way to fund things.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2013, 06:25 PM
Bitkin, in these circumstances I WOULD persist with a formal complaint and it would be really good if you could get a couple of others to do so as well. Officials really don't like being 'harrassed' by us lowly members of the public!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-10-2013, 06:32 PM
Dunno about your neck of the woods, but here there is a hefty £400 fine for anyone not picking up. Maybe taking a couple of piccies of her ignoring her dogs leavings would help, but also reporting her for this would surely help their funds
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2013, 06:48 PM
Oh don't worry Tang and TW, I will not be letting this matter drop I know two of the people who have complained, so will be searching them out tomorrow.

The camera thing is a good idea, but all they have to do is send someone up there at going to school time and they can get all the evidence they want. Still, maybe I can prise his lordship out of bed to go and lie in wait
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-10-2013, 07:03 PM
Oh goody, can you video it all please
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Oh goody, can you video it all please
Yeah! Coz those of us who don't have 'nightly duties' to perform need all the vicarious excitement we can get!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-10-2013, 07:12 PM
oooh yess forgot all about the 'nightly duties'
Poooor Sally
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >