Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 07:27 AM

Dog monitor on iPhone and iPad.

I've just downloaded the dog monitor app on to my iPhone and iPad and wondered if anyone else had heard of it or is using it?

You leave your iPad in the room with the dog (another good reason to keep emus crated!) and start the app on iPad and phone. Then you can see and hear what your dog is doing when you aren't there. It will also alert you when your dog makes a sound, and talk to your dog. I'm not sure how Remus would react to me talking to him when he couldn't see me though.
katilea
Dogsey Senior
Female 

25-08-2013, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by catrinsparkles View Post
I've just downloaded the dog monitor app on to my iPhone and iPad and wondered if anyone else had heard of it or is using it?

You leave your iPad in the room with the dog (another good reason to keep emus crated!) and start the app on iPad and phone. Then you can see and hear what your dog is doing when you aren't there. It will also alert you when your dog makes a sound, and talk to your dog. I'm not sure how Remus would react to me talking to him when he couldn't see me though.
Is it called 'dog monitor app' in iTunes store?
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 01:23 PM
Yes, it has a lime green background with a brown cartoon dog. Cost £2.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 02:25 PM
Due a mobile upgrade soon,was thinking on an iPhone.Already have an ipad,wifi with BT.It says on the app that both devices for live video need to be on the same wifi....I'm a dummy....that would mean my iPhone would have to be on BT too..yes???
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Yeah you just put your phone onto your home wi fi like you would a laptop.
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 03:09 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
Yeah you just put your phone onto your home wi fi like you would a laptop.
Yeah but once your out of range of your home hub obviously your phone would lose connection,then both devices would no longer be on the same wifi....sorry if I'm being stupid,just doesn't make any sense to me
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

25-08-2013, 03:23 PM
Yeah but your phone searches for hot spots where there is wi fi available
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 03:27 PM
Both have to be on the same one
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 03:37 PM
Originally Posted by Eileen Duffy View Post
Yeah but once your out of range of your home hub obviously your phone would lose connection,then both devices would no longer be on the same wifi....sorry if I'm being stupid,just doesn't make any sense to me
Makes sense to me - all my gizmos are on my wireless connection when I'm in range of my home. When I'm out of range I either connect to a free wifi (whole island is covered in wifi) or go without! I do not and won't pay for any 3G stuff or waddever it's called.

But if it states must be on SAME wifi - like you I'd assume it wouldn't work if on a DIFFERENT one?

I'd need two of course - one to monitor on my bed and one to monitor under my bed!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-08-2013, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
Makes sense to me - all my gizmos are on my wireless connection when I'm in range of my home. When I'm out of range I either connect to a free wifi (whole island is covered in wifi) or go without! I do not and won't pay for any 3G stuff or waddever it's called.

But if it states must be on SAME wifi - like you I'd assume it wouldn't work if on a DIFFERENT one?

I'd need two of course - one to monitor on my bed and one to monitor under my bed!
Thankyou Pat...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >