Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 06:50 PM
yeah puppy fotos soon

a puppy is still a rescue just so long as the 'breeder' dosent plan on any more litters from her dog then I dont see any problems at all
It is a litter that wasnt her fault, the pups need homes and will end up in rescue anyways

cant wait to see them
Milk maid
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 07:26 AM
Oh yeh looking forward to the pics

As others have said these pups will be in a rescue, if you take one you are saving the rescue from the expense of one puppy and the puppy from the trama of a rescue so you are doing a good thing by taking one.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 04:29 PM
I know you've already made your decision but just to add my two cents. I agree with all already said on here. It isn't the dog owners fault that the bitch has puppies (hopefully the bitch will be spayed in the future to prevent a repeat). The puppies are due to go to rescue anyway. They deserve a good home. Your puppy is still a "rescue" IMO even if it didn't quite get to the shelter yet enjoy your puppy, you shouldn't feel an ounce of guilt!
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2011, 04:36 PM
Originally Posted by Moon's Mum View Post
I know you've already made your decision but just to add my two cents. I agree with all already said on here. It isn't the dog owners fault that the bitch has puppies (hopefully the bitch will be spayed in the future to prevent a repeat). The puppies are due to go to rescue anyway. They deserve a good home. Your puppy is still a "rescue" IMO even if it didn't quite get to the shelter yet enjoy your puppy, you shouldn't feel an ounce of guilt!
Yeah, poor bitch is off to the vets this week now the pups aren't dependant..... then shes being booked in! Eeeps! Poor pooch! I am going to be a nightmare when my girl goes under the knife.

Thanks guys. I know what you mean...... I still feel a bit mean not taking a rescue home BUT that doesnt mean I wont have one in the future.....
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2011, 09:22 AM
So what are you having? Boy or girl puppy? I agree with majority of others, have the pup as it would only end up in rescue otherwise or possibly in an unsuitable home. Don't forget though, you can only have one
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Ive picked a girly. There was only one boy but the girl was sooooo gentle that I fell in love.

On another note, the lady has spoken to the rescue and they have advised her about housechecking etc. I hope she follows their advice!
rueben
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2011, 10:12 AM
Looks like you are saving a puppy from becoming a rescue. So you have got to feel good about that.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3