My Little one who fell asleep during the night of 21/1/2010

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Pereg my epi girl

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Aww They are such cuties, thanks for sharing pics.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 10:45 AM
Awh theyre gorgeous. Wee poppets. xx
musky
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-05-2011, 12:18 PM
oh what a couple of little sweeties they are gorgeous
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2011, 12:58 PM
My little one went to sleep, cuddled up to me, on 21 January last year and died peacefully during the night. One month short of her 12th birthday, not being ill or suffering at all. That was the first photograph I had taken of her as I did not have a camera before then, and that picture is still the wallpaper on my computer [and an enlargement framed on the wall of my salon].

Pereg? My beautiful epi girl - that was not the photo I wanted to post but I am new to posting on this Forum so it was the first one I "grabbed"!

Both were rescue pups at about 5 or 6 weeks old only, unwanted except by me. My Little One grew to weigh all of 5½ kilos and Pereg is now 17 kilos of rock solid bone and muscle.

They had just over 11 month together before my Little One died - Pereg is the last dog who will ever share my home and my life and I make the most of every day with her.

Because I love her so much, just as I loved my Little One - who is, and forever will be, in my heart.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 01:12 PM
What a lovely post xxxxx

Both of them are beautiful, so sad to hear about you little one xxxxxxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Lovely pics, and I'm so sorry you lost your prescious girl, but if it had to be, then it couldn't have been any better for her, we would all wish such a peaceful ending for our beloved pets, just falling asleep in our arms, that's absolute heaven for me, knowing they had no pain or suffering.

Your current little girl is gorgeous, sorry about the epi, my previous dog had that, but it was controllable and she had it from 5 years old right up to her end at 11 1/2. Thanks for sharing your beautiful girls with us.
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

14-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Helena - my Little One has not gone - she is here, on my computer, on the wall, and in my heart. I look at that photo and she is here, looking at me. So many photos of her since then but that one is, and always will be special.

I might not be able to see her in RL or cuddle her any more, but she is, and always be, deeply in my heart.

No suffering, no pain, no having to make that decision, just sleeping cuddled up to me one side while Pereg was cuddled up the other side. She was never ill and the only time she needed veterinary treatment [apart from shots] were when she was spayed and then twice for dental work - she was born with a pre-disposition to bad teeth due to her dog mother only being fed on scraps.

My Vet would not let me stay while she was spayed [she was brought home a few hours later] but I stayed with her during both teeth surgeries and held her on my lap while she came round from the GA until Dr Ram said I could bring her home.

When Pereg was spayed I stayed until she was intubated and anaesthatised, and she was brought home that afternoon.

I took the stitches out from both my girls after they were spayed, and the staples out following the dog attack on Pereg in March - the attack that we think triggered her epilepsy.

Oh Pereg oh Pereg
Oh you lumpy laura
I love you so much
And I simply adore you

But Little One, Little One
Did you have to go?
You know that I loved you
And still love you so

And now just with Pereg
The love that I give
I share with the memory
Of the one who did live