Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post

I was in the park one morning with the doggies and a guy comes on and walks past. Mine were minding their own business and he shouts to me 'Get them on a lead, I don't like dogs' to which I replied ' they probably don't like you much either mate.'
Yes used that line myself, on several occassions!!
spot
Dogsey Veteran

28-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Originally Posted by Loki's mum View Post
cyclists
Originally Posted by IsoChick View Post
Cyclists who cycle on a path very clearly marked with NO CYCLES every 200 yards, who then shout at me cos I have off lead dogs

Cyclists who cycle up behind you (on said path) and then shout or whatever for you and your dogs to get out of the way. I can't hear a bike coming up behind me, I'm deaf in one ear. Would it kill you to get a bell (or maybe NOT cycle on the path?)
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
and cyclists too! !
Grrrr any bloomin cyclist on the pavements!! Espcially those that give you a dirty look for not getting my on lead dogs out of the way! Im participating in a perfectly legal activity and you are not! Get on the road!

Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
People who say "I have a purebred chiweeniedoodleadoo!" No. You have a mutt.

Yep!
LoweherzLeos
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-01-2010, 08:46 PM
"chiweeniedoodledoo" ....

youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Mini motor bikes.....that zoom across the park.

3 dogs ....head....swivel
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-01-2010, 11:17 PM
Oh I have many

People who don’t pick up after their dogs. jake doesn’t often do his poo’s in the park (he has a weird thing about that lol) and I once forgot to take a bag out with us, and of course, typical luck that was the day he decided to do it… so I remembered exactly where it was and went straight home (I live literally a minute walk from the park), got a bag and went back and picked it up… then we carried on with the rest of our walk lol.

People who try to tell me about MY dog, he is mine… I know him, you don’t so don’t tell me what he is like!

People who let my dog jump up on them, when I am clearly telling him not to… that seems to be the cue to encourage him that does not help with the training at all.

People who make assumptions as to why jake is on lead, either because he is aggressive or because I cant be bothered to train him to recall

People who tell me my dog is too skinny (he isn’t, he is just lean and a perfect weight, as well as being young) when they are standing with a dog who resembles a barrel.

People who think they are a dog expert, and look down on those who don’t know as much as them even though they are much older and have had dogs for many more years! Geez, everyone has to start somewhere and im sure they didn’t start of knowing everything! Give people a chance to learn.

People who try and tell me about MY relationship with MY dog, when they know very little about me and cant see me interacting with him, who the hell are they to judge me.

People who think they and their dog is superior, to me and my crossbreed coz they own a pedigree my god, get a grip!

People who get rid of their dog when owning them is no longer convenient or they are no longer of ‘use’.

People who look at my dog as though he is some kind of disease they want to get as far away from as humanely possible.

People who wont let their dogs be dogs, especially when they wont let them interact with other dogs.

People who walk aggressive dogs off lead. there is one who is always in the park in the summer, the woman never has him on a lead and he always goes for any puppies or small dogs… he even tried it with jake once and the woman shouted at ME! jake was onlead, and she was screaming at me to get away. Why the hell should I need to?? she should have her dog on lead if he is aggressive!

think thats them all...
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-01-2010, 01:42 AM
Originally Posted by lore View Post
I want a small dog...I'm just not allowed a small dog...or anything else small and fluffy.
Me too. I'd love a papillion but hubby says any dog in this house has to be at least 15 inches fully grown. He's none too keen on my desire for another puppy (I want to try showing and while I am home all the time seems a good time for a puppy as I'll be here to deal with training etc). I accept he has good reason (he is totally blind and small things are easier to stand on/fall over) but I love some small breeds.

At the moment I have got agreement for a puppy if I am still at home all the time when we have more money free. I'm looking at (random sounding mix, but I have reasons for all) a show-type cocker spaniel, an airedale terrier or a schnauzer. The cocker is pushing his small rules though...
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:10 AM
but cockers are sturdy /robust....not really "small".....
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
but cockers are sturdy /robust....not really "small".....
I have a hankering for a small dog too... and after seeing the most delightful cocker on our travels yesterday... I am severely tempted!!
I would like a Dachshund but not sure it would cope with the rough and tumble of two mad setters and a pointer...
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-01-2010, 11:43 PM
i thought of another

people who think that just coz i am young, im not responsible enough to look after my dog... it doesnt help that i look 15 though but i have done everything for him for the last 8 months, and done the best for him, so its so unfair when people make such comments.
LittleMonster
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-02-2010, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
i thought of another

people who think that just coz i am young, im not responsible enough to look after my dog... it doesnt help that i look 15 though but i have done everything for him for the last 8 months, and done the best for him, so its so unfair when people make such comments.

Glad thats not just me then!

Do you ever find that opinion seems to come most often from the people who go somewhere, let there dog offlead and then ignore them for an hour though? I've had much less judgement from people who have obviously trained their dogs
Page 12 of 12 « First < 2 9 10 11 12