Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 08:49 PM

Can anyone recommend a course?

Hi all, I would like to do a distance learning course on canine behaviour or similar just for fun, though I am looking for a course that you get some form of accreditation for. I was wondering if any of you have done such courses and could reccomend a really good one? I would be most grateful for any ideas.

Kindest Regards
Laura.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 09:10 PM
Hi Laura, look at www.animalcarecollege.co.uk

I am doing Canine Psychology with them.
You can get accreditation for most of the courses too, if you gain the right grades.
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-05-2005, 10:03 PM
Oh brilliant thanks for that Hevvur! Are you enjoying it?
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 08:16 AM
Yep, I am enjoying it, because I can do it at my own pace!
They do set a 'time' limit, but you don't have to stick to it. It's mainly just a guide line.
Only thing, is that it is expensive! But if it's something that you want to do...
Lorraine(bws)
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 08:20 AM
have a look at the compass education one as well I have done 4 courses superb on line help when you need it and great tutors I did one in rehoming with the animal care college but think the compass one is easier explained thats just my opinion but at least its worth a look gives you a choice they have loads of courses
jake
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Thanks for that: both of you. I will probably end up doing a few different courses over the next few years because since taking on Jake who is a rescue dog and training him I have become really interested in dogs how they work, how they learn what makes them tick etc. So I will look at what both places offer and probably end up doing a few at each (obviously one at a time hough or I shall become bankrupt!! )

Thanks again

Kindest Regards
Laura.