Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ktbabe
New Member!
Female 

10-09-2005, 07:00 AM

Question about being spayed

my 22 month old female needs to be spayed as we do not want to breed. I have an appointment on monday for this to be done, however.....we are not sure when her last season was. we have only had her 3 days and her previous owners didnt seem to know either. the way my male dog is acting we think she may just be coming into season now or is just coming out of season. the first day we noticed she had some discharge but the next day she was clear.

would the vet still do the op if she was about to come into season?
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-09-2005, 07:30 AM
The best thing would be to telephone your vet and get his/her professional advice. Spaying can be carried out just prior to, during, or just post season, but the op may be slightly more complex. The preference of most vets is to spay three months after the commencement of the last season.

SB
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2005, 11:39 AM
The vets usually like to spay midway between seasons. I had to wait until Molly had a season and till midway. Apparently there are less side effects and hormonal problems when done at this time.