Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 08:45 PM

Do you believe in ghosts?

As it is Halloween ... do you believe in ghosts?

Have you ever experienced anything along those lines that you couldn't explain?
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 08:49 PM
I used to think so, but truth is it was probably drugs or alcohol.............
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 08:52 PM
I do and I don't..
yabbadoo
New Member!
Male 

31-10-2011, 09:27 PM
Hello Moobli.

I am not religious or superstitious at all. Neither do I believe in anything "said" to be paranormal or supernatural and simply think that Alien activity is a big joke suitable only for kids comics.

There is nothing in our world but natural or man-made explainable events. Just because we cannot understand something or our minds play tricks upon us, we must not jump to conclusions that it has got to be supernatural.

"Ghosts" are a historical abstract legacy invented in early times to cover unexplained incidents caused entirely by human imagination and nothing else. It goes back to the Stone Age.

It is just one mighty dull life for me, but I like it. If an event cannot be explained scientifically then it is purely an unexplained incident which we may or may not solve later as experience and science progresses.

So "Ghosts" Moobli, not a bit but there is ONE exception - I still believe in Father Christmas.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 09:46 PM
I prefer to call them spirit

Yes I do believe there is life out there after this one
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 09:47 PM
Wellllllllllll, I had a flat in Cheltenham once. I would go to bed and ornaments and things would all be in their place, and in the morning everything was swapped around........this happened about three times. Then I awoke one night and although the room was pitch dark, there was something in the corner that I can only describe as a pale cloud that sort of shimmered. Strangely though, it didn't frighten me.......after that nothing moved overnight again!
yabbadoo
New Member!
Male 

31-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Wellllllllllll, I had a flat in Cheltenham once. I would go to bed and ornaments and things would all be in their place, and in the morning everything was swapped around........this happened about three times. Then I awoke one night and although the room was pitch dark, there was something in the corner that I can only describe as a pale cloud that sort of shimmered. Strangely though, it didn't frighten me.......after that nothing moved overnight again!
Hi Bitkin, nice to meet you.

Gee Whizz ! What a show.

I drink 9% abv Super Lager with the occasional bottle of Whisky or Rum at 40% proof, but never had anything near that experience in my life.

Please Bitkin, what did you drink to get such a magnificent result ? It will soon be Christmas and my wife always buys me a bottle of Hooch.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 10:18 PM
Yes.
At the age of 16 I had a row with my then boyfriend when we were out.
I walked up up a country lane called Icknield street in Kings Norton it was about 10pm ,the lane ran between the two pubs, The coach and horses the other called The Peacock, and it was surrounded by heavy hedgerow and fields either side, and only wide enough for one car as a time.
It was snowing and early December as I neared The Peacock I saw a man dressed in old Victorian Police Uniform, he had a torch and I noticed he was looking at the main road which Icknield street ajoined, as I got close he said, stay on the left of the road girl, do you hear me!!!.
I thought he was going to/from fancy dress and was trying to scare me, so I didn't answer and walked passed him really quickly, I looked round to see if he was following and he had gone, just vanished, but there was no where he could of vanished in such a short space of seconds.
On the left side of the road there was no footpath just a grass verge, the footpath was on the right side, but for some reason...although always taught by my parents to face oncoming traffic....I stayed on the left, as I walked on the grass verge of the main road a group of people were on the other side they had just left The Peacock, a car came at speed as it took the bend it spun out of control and hit them, throwing two in the air.
I ran all the way home and naturally was very upset and shocked.
A week later there was a story on ITV news about a poacher that had been found guilty of murdering the local bobby and he was convicted and hung, local people had heard him have a row with the local bobby and threaten him. The family had now found new evidence that the poacher (their ancestor ) was infact innocent. They showed a photo of the Local Bobby ....it was the same man my Dad said ''no he's been dead years''...........but some weeks later we were up there as a family and I showed Dad where he was standing

It turned out it was right in front of a stone that was in the hedgerow (although overgrown) that marks the spot where the Local Bobby met his death, it carries the date.

The stone is still there, although still hidden by the hedgerow, it can still be found.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2011, 10:27 PM
This house had lain empty for 16 years so you can imagine the state of the extensive gardens. It took a long time before we stayed in it. At night in bed we would often hear a aimal running up the stairs. The dogs we had then would sit up and listen and look. Sometimes sitting in the living room, which was the kitchen then, the door originally led outside, we would hear scratching like an animal asking to be let in. This scratching continued until we got up one evening,went to the door, opened it and said "come on, in you come" It didn't stop the animal running upstairs at night

As the house was in bad repair, the gardens were the last to get tackled. Even then it was a bit at a time. Some two years later whilst clearing some brambles near the foot of an elderberry tree my spade hit something hard. We foind what was obviously a pet grave someone had erected for a much loved pet. We cleared the area, planted some flowers including For-get-me-nots. we said the grave could stay and they hadn't been forgotten & never would be.

After that we never heard an animal running up the stairs again. We like to think we had laid them to rest at last.
Magpyex
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2011, 12:01 AM
The cynic in me doesn't believe in spirits but the following events have made me question my beliefs!

My dad died when I was 11 and on the one year anniversary of his death (Dec. 21st) all the fuses in our house went! What's even more 'spooky' is that they went at 9:30AM - the same time my dad died. I like to think it was him telling me and my mum that he was still there and was still watching over us

When I was a kid the lights in our house (the same one the fuses went in) used to flicker whenever we talked about my late Nan and Granddad.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »