Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
IsoChick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 12:32 PM

Encouraging/speeding up healing?

Max had an op on Monday to remove a lump on his leg. There is a lovely, neat 3in wound on his leg. It's stitched from the inside, with disolvable sutures.

He is currently in a buster collar, as he will not leave it alone

Is there anything I can use/give him that will speed up the wounds healing?
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:02 PM
I know Comfry is good for healing from the outside, but I don't know about using it internally? It's not good for deep wounds though, only superficial ones. Maybe Google it? good luck with him, I hope it heals fast on its own.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:06 PM
...keep it clean and dont let him lick it... nothing else should be needed
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Dog saliva normally helps wounds heal quickly, obviously, he cant lick it because of his stitches. We clean any cuts the dogs get (from running around and play fighting) with warm water with a pinch of salt. Also dont let him get too stressed out - I guess you're just supposed to pamper him for the next few days or until his stitches are out lol
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-10-2010, 01:19 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
Dog saliva normally helps wounds heal quickly, obviously, he cant lick it because of his stitches. We clean any cuts the dogs get (from running around and play fighting) with warm water with a pinch of salt. Also dont let him get too stressed out - I guess you're just supposed to pamper him for the next few days or until his stitches are out lol
no it does not!!!!! old wives tail... its full of bacteria and can cause horrible infections!