View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-06-2013, 02:42 PM
I have always preferred bitches, and get on better with the females of all the pets I have kept from hamsters to horses.

I have four dogs at the moment - Leo the Mini Schnauzer is my only male. I must admit he is a great little dog, but he has a day once in a while when he refuses to come back and stands 10 feet away wagging his stumpy tail. He is nearly ten years old (and docked, hence the tail) so really should know better

The only other downside to him is when I trim him and have to deal with his dangly bits

I don't now if I would get another male - but it probably all depends which dog I fall for, either in a litter of pups or at a rescue shelter.
catrinsparkles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by BlueJay View Post
I've had two of each
I have no idea why, but I'm leaning slightly towards boys...
Though my ladies were much easier and quicker to toilet train, and you can pet their tums without anything getting in the way lol
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
As a raspberry blower on doggy tums I can only echo what you said there !
Made me chuckle....I know exactly what you mean! Lol

I've always though I would chose a bitch by preference but looking back we've had dog, bitch, dog, dog, bitch, dog. So more dogs than bitches! Apart from our first dog, when I was very young, not of our male dogs have been particularly male...if you know what I mean. Bitches have most definitely been quickly and easier to toilet train compared to the males though!
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2013, 03:06 PM
Of the breeds of dogs I have I prefer the females . I currently have 4 who all get along very well together . I think whether the females get on well together or not very much depends on the breed .
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2