Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarahe88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2012, 09:39 AM

Enclosed Dog Park, Woodbridge Suffolk!

At the weekend we took the dog to Woodbridge, Suffolk. It was a lovely walk! We started at the Deben swimming pool and walked right along the river Deben for about an hour then came out along the road near the Red Lion Pub and came across an enclosed dog park! I couldn’t believe my luck as I have been searching for one of these for ages! Anyway I wanted to share it. The fence is only chicken wire but tensioned and is about half way up my thigh height then it has a gap and a single wire but it is completely enclosed. If your dog is a jumper I wouldn’t recommend it but if they aren’t its perfect for training without the worry. The place is called Martlesham Recreation Ground, near the Red Lion Pub along The St. It has free parking next to the playground.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks for that, we visit Woodbridge most summers and thanks to you I now know where I can my two for a safe blast.
Sarahe88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-11-2012, 03:32 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
Thanks for that, we visit Woodbridge most summers and thanks to you I now know where I can my two for a safe blast.
its not a huge field but big enough for a good run around I have also found another that is near to woodbridge. At Newbury Park, Ipswich. This has a 8ft high fence and huge.
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-11-2012, 10:48 PM
Newbury park is pretty good but can get very busy at weekends and in evenings. well worth visiting but take a sat nav if your not familiar with Ipswich as its tricky to find
Sarahe88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

14-11-2012, 09:58 AM
Originally Posted by twilightwolf View Post
Newbury park is pretty good but can get very busy at weekends and in evenings. well worth visiting but take a sat nav if your not familiar with Ipswich as its tricky to find
Do you know if there are any places to park near Newbury Park? Also do you know of any other enclosed dog parks in Ipswich area?
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Normally the Newbury Park has parking along the road outside the park. - If not there are lots of side roads. If you know Ipswich its fairly close to Ipswich hospital. But on a better note, you could always let the dogs off for a blast on Newbury park (as its a little on the small side but amazing for off lead work) and then walk them about a mile up the road, to rushmere heath and golf course (if you prefer to drive to the heath you can almost always park down a road called tasmania road) -- Again put it in your sat nav.. Where there is rushmere heath and golf course. - Thats an amazing walk! - One of my favourites! (they even have a pond for when its hot weather and the dog wants his swim) Its a huge heath land, with woods, open spaces and lots of places to explore. - Just watch out for the golfers!
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-11-2012, 06:07 PM
Also Chantry Park (just off London Road) now has converted their tennis courts into a dog excercise area which has a big fence all around, and a heavy steel gate you can close yourself in with. It has grass, so its not concrete so not harsh on their paws.
I have used this on a few occassions, as its a lovely big park, plus now with this new enclosed area its a safe place to let them off the lead if they are not my dogs.
Sarahe88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2012, 01:16 PM
Thanks for this info! Its very helpful. I live near Colchester and have been trying to find off lead enclosed local dog parks to try and recall train our cross. He has hound in him and will follow his nose and ignore any attempt of us trying to get him back! We are going to go and have a look on Sunday and give him a good off lead blast

I cant find any in Essex and didnt think to look at Suffolk!
Tessabelle
Almost a Veteran
Female 

15-11-2012, 04:47 PM
We're hopefully going to observe a puppy training class on Saturday near Colchester (Ardleigh) They seem to have an enclosed area that people book for training. I'll scope it out and let you know if I think it would be any good for you and Rufus to train. I will also ask the trainer if she knows of anywhere you could go if their area isn't viable
Sarahe88
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-11-2012, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Tessabelle View Post
We're hopefully going to observe a puppy training class on Saturday near Colchester (Ardleigh) They seem to have an enclosed area that people book for training. I'll scope it out and let you know if I think it would be any good for you and Rufus to train. I will also ask the trainer if she knows of anywhere you could go if their area isn't viable
Oh its not Joe Nutkins is it? We have our first lesson there with her if it is on Sunday lol! Often training places wont let you book it privately because of health and safety and insurance reasons. Its so frustrating!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >