View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2010, 09:26 PM

Just because I have dogs, it doesn't mean I know everything!

I don't know enough really, but I'm still learning, and learn something new just about everyday!!!

Theres this one friend, she had a yorkie cross (he was sold to her as a pedigree yorkie, but I can assure you, he's not!!!)

When ever she has a problem with him, shes asks me, because 'I have 8 dogs, so must know alot.'

Occasionally I can share my experience with what I've done with my dogs, and stress that it will probably be different with hers, like when they attempted to introduce a new dog, (looking after one for a friend) and it really didn't work. I told her how I go about it with mine, and I've not had any problems, but then my lot are really laid back and take everything in there stride, where as hers in incrediably spoilt and very very hyper ALL the time.

The most recent though, is he has a lump... what is it. How on earth am I supposed to know, I'm not a vet, and I've not seen his lump. I told her to take him to the vets if she's that worried. I wouldn't feel right, saying it could be this that or the other, because it probably won't be!!

Why do people assume that because I have a few dogs that I know everything, and that my experiences with my dogs will work with their dogs, which are completely different to mine!!!!! Boils my blood sometimes!!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2010, 10:36 PM
That may be true, but you could be flattered that she thinks you know it all with your dogs (in a good way), and that they are well trained/behaved etc?

=)
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2010, 10:44 PM
I've never thought about it like that. But, she has no idea what my dogs are like, whether they are well trained etc, because she's never met them. She's only going on the pictures she sees of them on social networking sites and what I've said about them!
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2010, 10:50 PM
Oh right! Haha
Even so - she must think highly enough of you and them to want to ask you first!
That is how it came across to me anyway =)