Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 01:26 PM

What a difference a day makes...Henry - English Setter

My baby boy finally had his bandages removed this morning, the ear is still bleeding very slightly but the vet thought it was good enough to leave open and let the air get to it, plus Henry was starting to get sores around his neck and head where the bandages had irritated him.

He has to go back next Monday for a final check up, sooner if we encounter any problems, but we've got everything crossed that he is over the worse and is on the road to a full recovery.

I now have the police involved in the incident, my contact came back today by email and is sorting things out for me, she feels this woman deserves a hefty fine, she also has another lady that would like to make contact with me as her dog has also been attacked and they are wondering if it is the same dog This woman is in for a hell of a time I think, and she only has herself to blame.

Anyway, here is my boy yesterday having a cuddle with his dad:

and here he is bandage free:

a close up of the part that was stitched together:

He's just had a lovely walk over the park and been running on his long lead with Clive, it was lovely to see him galloping along with a huge smile on his face, bless him.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 01:40 PM
Aww bless him!! He looks so relieved to have them off!! I know when Jamie finally got his buster collar off he was so happy!! That ear looks so so sore, just have to be careful for him scratching it now I suppose? Any news from that idiotic woman?

(((HUGS))) to my boy xxx and setter-pointer kisses from the gang xx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
Aww bless him!! He looks so relieved to have them off!! I know when Jamie finally got his buster collar off he was so happy!! That ear looks so so sore, just have to be careful for him scratching it now I suppose? Any news from that idiotic woman?

(((HUGS))) to my boy xxx and setter-pointer kisses from the gang xx
Thanks Claire, he is so much more relaxed since he had the bandages off, he is hardly scratching at all now, he is fast asleep at the moment, which will do him the world of good.

The woman has virtually washed her hands of it all, she has given me her insurance details and I had to phone them today, I have had to supply them with receipts etc., and they will consider whether they are paying up

She has got more to worry about than me though, now the police are on the case it would seem she could be fined as well as lose her dog if she doesn't follow whatever orders they give her for when he is in a public place. xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 02:03 PM
Awww,that looks as though it's healing nicely.
Looks sore though,I suppose the difficult bit will be to try and stop him opening it back up again.

Gentle cuddles from us x

That woman deserves everything she gets,lets hope she has learn't a lesson,albeit at Henry's expense And all the worry, stress, upset, and expense she has caused you and Clive
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Awww bless Henry. It looks like he was lucky not too of lost the end of his ear completely.

I am glad the police are involved in this one, seems like she needs a big shake up. I hope the other woman you are in touch with is able too help this case along but such a shame that two dogs have been attacked.

Lots of cuddles from here.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Awww,that looks as though it's healing nicely.
Looks sore though,I suppose the difficult bit will be to try and stop him opening it back up again.

Gentle cuddles from us x

That woman deserves everything she gets,lets hope she has learn't a lesson,albeit at Henry's expense And all the worry, stress, upset, and expense she has caused you and Clive
Thanks Sal, I also feel she deserves everything she gets, I do feel sorry for the dog in a way, especially if she has to have it pts, but I also have to think what would have happened if he had got Henry's throat rather than his ear

The vet feels that the stitches have taken, he said its a bit like a scab that needs to finish healing and it may bleed a bit if he knocks it, his main worry would be if Henry kept shaking his head or scratching but so far so good xx

Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
Awww bless Henry. It looks like he was lucky not too of lost the end of his ear completely.

I am glad the police are involved in this one, seems like she needs a big shake up. I hope the other woman you are in touch with is able too help this case along but such a shame that two dogs have been attacked.

Lots of cuddles from here.
Thanks Lynn The vet said it was a particularly nasty attack, but he had seen worse and the dogs had made a full recovery so, fingers crossed.

It is a shame that dogs keep getting attacked, we see threads on here all the time about it, and those are only the ones that are spoken about, it seems that there are certain types of people who feel it is their right to allow their dogs freedom to attack other dogs almost as if they would do it in the wild so it must be ok

Thanks for the cuddles, they have been duly dished out xx
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-09-2010, 02:29 PM
I was out this morning on the field and nothing against staffies but there was this lad with one on a lead he was sort of skulking about and I thought he was going to take the short cut through to the estate but he didn't and I saw my friend Mark come out of the woods with his two dogs and he thought he looked suspicious the hood went up and he stared Mark out. Mark was ready too take him on as he thought he maybe about too let his dog off and attack his two, thankfully he didn't and then went into the woods.

We were discussing it when we caught up I had kept Ollie well back and were saying what a shame we have too be so suspicious of people and what they might or might not be about too do.

Like you say we have heard of so many attacks it is frightening and with Ollie he is big and furry so hard for teeth too get through but he cannot out run any dog his energy levels are spent so quickly and his legs are paining him now so I find myself being much more vigilant. Also we have had a couple of irresponsible owners round here with staffies that have attacked more than once and the police and RSPCA became involved in the end.

Not sure whether they still have the dogs or not but we went through quite a worrying time here. I think its such a shame that the minority spoil it for the majority of nice responsible dog owners what ever the breed.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 03:05 PM
It's awful isn't it,I keep Meg onlead at all times,she hates other dogs that are full on in her face so to speak.
Now there was a whippet in the vets last week,we had to walk past it,so I picked her up carried her past because there wasn't enough room to walk her past safely I then put her down and she sat with her back to it and ignored it.

I swear these idiots just don't realise the damage they do,maybe they should spend a week with a fear aggressive dog,that hates other dogs because of their idiotic,stupid selfish behaviour that they find such a thrill,then we have to deal with the aftermath, and some dogs never recover and it's a long long road.

Sheree,I hope the police deal with this woman harshly,I really do,as you say the attack could have been alot worse, and whatever happens to the dog is entirely her own doing.I feel sorry for it having a selfish owner and putting the dog into that situation,not the first time either,from what you have said.
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 03:46 PM
I dread to think what he could have done, if he had got to Henry's face or throat and also hope she is dealt with severely and if that means she has to be forced to have the dog onlead and muzzled so be it! English Setters have so little malice and what happened to the boy is so undeserved, all mine have had dogs in their face and they never retaliate... only now will Jamie stand up to his height and bark back, but he thinks its all a game to him, the wally he is...
I also worry when I take them out, especially with dogs I don't know...
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-09-2010, 04:26 PM
awe the wee sole, x
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >