Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 07:42 AM

Toothache

Last saturday morning I woke up with horrendous toothache, the pain was radiating around the right side of my mouth and i couldnt tell which tooth it was coming from. I spent the weekend in agony not being able to get to the dentist until monday.
Monday came and I went to my dentist who decided the culprit was my top wisdom tooth. She extracted that and said hopefully that should be the end of pain as it had a hole in it.

Fast forward to today and I still have toothache. Its still radiating around my mouth, but my jaw is also very very tender on that side- which i have put down to the force involved in pulling a long rooted wisdom tooth out.

I cant get back to the dentist today, i dont know whether this is normal pain, but I really wish it would stop
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Go to the chemist and ask for a suitable pain reliever, having wisdom teeth out does leave an ache as they are so deep.
Pawsonboard
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 07:44 AM
Get some paramol, that always seems to sort the pain out when Ive had toothache. Its probably just bruising but I know how you feel, hurts like hell!
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 09:18 AM
You poor thing..... hope you get some relief soon

x0x
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 10:14 AM
I am taking co codamol. Hardly touching it.
dizzi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 10:22 AM
Can get orajel which is like bonjela in that you rub it onto the area hurting and it numbs it up from the outside.

I get horrific toothaches quite a lot - combination of rubbish teeth to start with inherited from my parents and a severe dental phobia and when it's really bad I end up having to go to the chemists to find out the combo of painkillers I can take to absolutely max it out and get some relief - and even then it doesn't always work... mine's starting to flare up again now but can't get into the dentist till next month!

Love it when the dentists ask you to identify exactly which tooth it is that's hurting - I dunno it just flipping hurts!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 12:44 PM
Ibuprofen works for my wisdom teeth - I've got all 4 pushing out - they hurt at different times though I share your pain.

Hope it disappears soon..
El-Bar
New Member!
Female 

14-09-2011, 01:12 PM
How awful i suffered similar symptoms and it was neuralgia so maybe go to your doctor if the pain continues, hope you are pain free soon as nothing worse.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 07:17 PM
Ouch! I agree with SB though, mine ached badly after I'd had them out........

Hope you can find something to help with the pain xx
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Having wisdom teeth out can be very painful, its quite traumatic on the jaw as they are so far back. But it should be easier to cope with painkillers. If the pain is still severe and now your jaw is tender, it may be worth getting back to your dentist. Sometimes you can get a dry/septic socket after an extraction, especially on a wisdom tooth as its so far back it makes it difficult to keep clean. They may want to dress the socket or give you antibiotics. Corsodyl mouthwash is also very affective at speeding up healing after an extraction. Hope it feels better soon.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >