Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 04:12 PM

Wedding ideas

Hi all, we are hoping to get married next march so have been looking at venues as I know places can be booked up a long way in advance!

The places seem to be really nice, but i dont know if they are overpriced, about right or a steal...as iv never had to plan a wedding before lol.

We wont be getting married in a church so are looking at places that we can get married in and also have the meal and evening party in.

Can anyone tell me what sorta thing you had for your big days? and I know it sounds cheeky but a rough price?

Also was there anything that you had forgotten about?
PerthLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Hey

I'm getting married 15th of October this year. Doing the cerermony, meal and reception all in the Ramada Jarvis hotel in Perth. (look it uo on their website - gorgeous!!)

Meal for 60 people, reception for about 150 people (buffet catering for 100 roughly) and ceremony hire is going to be about £2,500 but that is with a 25% discount. That also comes with a few freebies:
Bridal suite on the night of the wedding.
Room the night before and morning of the wedding for Groom to get ready.
Memory box including newspaper from the day.
Free weekend accomodation within a year after wedding.
Free 3 course meal at the hotel on the first anniversary for me and my OH.

Also offers an accomodation package. From what I can tell, that is a brilliant price. It depends how many people you plan on having during the day and whatnot. It also varies on when (e.g. weekdays are cheaper, out of season is cheaper... etc).

I can;t wait to hear all your details! I get so excited

xx
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 05:15 PM
EEeeeeeeeeeeeee exciting! Congratulations again!

I would make a list of all the important things you both want from the day, then go from there.

We planned a big white wedding, for 80 all day/eve guests, horse and carriage, entertainment, civil ceremony in an old hall, the lot. £8000 in total. Then the venus went bust over Christmas and it got cancelled .

Now we're getting married on the west coast of Scotland, out in the open, us and the dogs on a beach, my big £3000 wedding dress and red hunter wellies underneath! Altogether costing under £2000!!! With all the extras, champers, hampers, flowers and photos...oh and accommodation for the week .

My two dogs have their cream leather leads and collars ready for the ceremony. 1 Year since Zeke's cancer diagnosis, nearly to the day it will be, I will be holding my lad as we say our vows.

6 weeks to go! I can't wait!
Our hidden gem, the ceremony beach overlooking Islay and Jura

www.weeweddings.com

Have you thought about your honeymoon? Something like www.buy-our-honeymoon.com is really cool You can plan a trip, create an itinerary and your guests pay for each bit, they pick which bit they'd like to pay for, then you send them photos afterwards to say thankyou.
PerthLady
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
EEeeeeeeeeeeeee exciting! Congratulations again!

I would make a list of all the important things you both want from the day, then go from there.

We planned a big white wedding, for 80 all day/eve guests, horse and carriage, entertainment, civil ceremony in an old hall, the lot. £8000 in total. Then the venus went bust over Christmas and it got cancelled .

Now we're getting married on the west coast of Scotland, out in the open, us and the dogs on a beach, my big £3000 wedding dress and red hunter wellies underneath! Altogether costing under £2000!!! With all the extras, champers, hampers, flowers and photos...oh and accommodation for the week .

My two dogs have their cream leather leads and collars ready for the ceremony. 1 Year since Zeke's cancer diagnosis, nearly to the day it will be, I will be holding my lad as we say our vows.

6 weeks to go! I can't wait!
Our hidden gem, the ceremony beach overlooking Islay and Jura

www.weeweddings.com

Have you thought about your honeymoon? Something like www.buy-our-honeymoon.com is really cool You can plan a trip, create an itinerary and your guests pay for each bit, they pick which bit they'd like to pay for, then you send them photos afterwards to say thankyou.
Wow that sounds amazing!!

I cant wait to see your dress! My dress is only £500! Lol.

My total wedding budget is £5000 so half is the venue. For our honeymoon we are going to Coniston in the Lake Districts to my OH's grandparents' cottage with the new puppy Can't wait!! Would love it if Dex could be at the wedding all day though!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 08:59 PM
Hi,

We're doing the same thing - wedding, reception and evening do all in one place.

We're booked in here:

http://www.stoodleighcourt.co.uk/booking.php

Considering there isn't much choice in our local area this turned out to be pretty reasonable considering how beautiful it is. They have got their prices online and details what it includes so you may be able to use it as a comparison to some of your venues.

We are lucky enough to have 20% discount at that location because we were finalists at a local radio station competition held there to win a wedding.

There's a wedding/engagement thread going in this section somewhere as well which I started and has some good suggestions and guidelines for cost in it.

Good luck with your planning!!