View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 04:05 PM
I got this from the pet collector lady round the corner. She has an extremely noisy pair of dogs-a JRT x Lhasa pup and a Pomeranion. She also has had a JRT, Staffy cross and a Cairn terrier (though not all at the same time). The Cairn terrier and Staffy cross were rehomed and the JRT put to sleep recently as it was 19.

When I saw her last week she was disappointed about missing a Pomeranian offered free to a good home in the local freeads paper. She was going to breed it with her female and she told me she could get £900 a pup.

I did try and put her off bypointing out all the dogs in rescue and the need for health tests etc etc. It is one thing people admiring your dog and saying they would like a pup but it's another thing when they are willing to hand over £900 and provide all the equipment, time and training a puppy needs.

I think I might as well bang my head against a brick wall though for the notice she was taking. I will wait and see what her 3rd dog will be though I did try and point out how nice it is having 2 and how her pup is very young and needs a lot of time and attention.

I don't think my neighbours will be too chuffed if she does get a 3rd dog and breeds puppies as 2 of the house owners in our close of 12 houses were moaning to me last week about how noisy her dogs are.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 04:22 PM
I just say i don't really agree with it and they usually ask why so i tell them, just my opinion
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 04:34 PM
if a freind or family member was planning on breeding they would get the rant and some have. Would also give it to somebody who asked. but when its a random person i keep my feelings to myself, i do give the rant to people who ask if there mut can mate with my phoebe, shes spayed but i give it to them anyway
kammi_sparky123
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2011, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by Rolosmum View Post
That is a good reply, cos a lot of people say that to me, having two springers, they assume we plan to breed them, so it might put off some if i used the no we have had them done spiel cos there is no good reason for us to breed etc
Thanks.
I generally find if you tell people things they get defensive and stubborn, but if you "slip in" something for them to think about, it seems to be more effective - generally anyway!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3