View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shadowboxer
Fondly Remembered
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2004, 08:43 PM
A bit late to suggest this but, if possible, it would be a good idea to get a piece of blanket or whatever the pup has been sleeping on so that Rosie can get used to the smell of her before you bring her home.

Hope all goes smoothly. I think you have had two Boxer bitches before, so you know what can happen.
Carole
Supervisor

31-10-2004, 08:45 PM
thats a good idea SB one to remember
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

31-10-2004, 11:33 PM
Hi
It is a good idea. The pups are kept in a heated dog house/shed and on paper so they dont actually have any bedding as such

I must admit the only time we had problems was when we had male dogs together. Bitches were never any problem, perhaps we were lucky

Wish us luck for tomorrow - Rosie's blood test results come back!

RV
Meg
Supervisor

31-10-2004, 11:38 PM
Originally Posted by Shadowboxer
A bit late to suggest this but, if possible, it would be a good idea to get a piece of blanket or whatever the pup has been sleeping on so that Rosie can get used to the smell of her before you bring her home.

Hope all goes smoothly. I think you have had two Boxer bitches before, so you know what can happen.
Hi Rosie it is also a good idea to take a towel/toy and rub it on the bitch so that the puppy has her mummies smell with her both on the journey home and in her new home good luck
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

31-10-2004, 11:54 PM
Hi Mini/Shadowboxer
Yes I could do that, in fact I plan to ring the breeder towards the end of the week check what pups are fed on etc and I will ask him if he would do something similar with a bit of cloth or material to bring home with us. Just thought of that - when I ring him I mean.
Carole
Supervisor

01-11-2004, 06:27 AM
good luck for Rosies test results today
pete
Almost a Veteran

01-11-2004, 07:44 AM
my mates just got a boxer pup hes 10 weeks old now And is a goregous little pup look forward to seein pics of yours,when i brouht my pup home his breeder had tied old socks in knots so the pups played with em so when they All went to there homes they all had a sock that they All smelt of .
Dreamon
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 08:10 AM
Ohh what an exciting time for you, this last week before pup comes home is the perfect time to make sure that the house is puppy proof i.e. no loose wires hanging around, anything you dont want chewed put out of sight

We also got a piece of bedding from our breeder and their very own special toy, Bailey got a little Lamb and he still snuggles up to it now. - Awwwwwww
Naomi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2004, 08:12 AM
Awww little puppy!!! Getting all excited with you RV
Rosievelvet
Dogsey Junior

01-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Well the T4 tests were not conclusive so now they want to do more tests on Rosie including a general health profile. Not sure what to do for the best. Each test costs £50-£60 each. Think I will make an appointment to see the Senior Vet again and see what she says.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >