Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2007, 11:22 AM

After a good site to purchase a dishwasher

My dishwasher's blown up! I'd like an exact replacement but MFI don't seem to do this one anymore? It's a Diplomat semi integrated with a black control panel. I'm fed up with searching for it now! Can anyone recommend a good safe site to purchase a dishwasher from please??? Thanks! I usually use Goshopdirect for electricals, but they don't do dishwashers
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2007, 11:38 AM
When we were looking for our Miele Dishwasher, we found the cheapest place was Sainsburys! It arrived in 3 working days and you get one of their representatives call you to ask if everything was ok etc.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

18-10-2007, 11:41 AM
try builtinappliances.com or 365electrical.com Curry's is also getting to be very competitive.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by Fudgeley View Post
Is this it?

http://home-garden.search.ebay.co.uk...QQsacatZ139985
Thanks Fugeley, but I've been there - twice!! I can't find mine though?

Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
When we were looking for our Miele Dishwasher, we found the cheapest place was Sainsburys! It arrived in 3 working days and you get one of their representatives call you to ask if everything was ok etc.
Oh I saw Sainsbury's somewhere, but went on to Boots site instead! I'll take another look then. Thanks!

Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
try builtinappliances.com or 365electrical.com Curry's is also getting to be very competitive.
Thanks I'll try those sites!

Dave would much rather I get what I've got coz of the size of the hole, and I know what a nightmare it was getting this one in, let alone if I get the wrong one which is a tad's bigger!!!
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2007, 12:48 PM
empiredirect always seem reasonable....
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
empiredirect always seem reasonable....
They're brill I used them last year when the washing machine, tumble dryer and integrated dishwasher all went kaput at the same time. Everything was in stock and delivered on time. Couldn't fault them.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Thanks A and Trouble, I found a good site with all of those on there, and they all look very reasonable and loads of choice, BUT, I'm having a problem with the size - height! Mine is a semi integrated, so my kitchen door comes 2/3rds of the way up, then there's the black control panel showing of the dishwasher on the top part. All these dishwashers are either 820 high or 868 and mine is 850 and it's a very tight fit! I'm wondering if Dave would be happy with an 820 replacement, at least it would fit!! The width and depth are the same so that's ok.

I used to go for Hotpoint and guaranteed they would only last 18 months and the motor would blow up! I have to say, this Diplomat from MFI 5 years ago has been brilliant, up until now of course! That's quite a life for a dishwasher I think! I'll keep searching then, I might just find one like mine somewhere along the way! Thanks all
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

18-10-2007, 03:49 PM
I don't know but I replaced my semi integrated with a fully integrated and just purchased a new kitchen door to put on the front.
Gawd now I'm confused because I actually ordered mine here http://www.millerbros.co.uk as I had used them before but it was delivered and invoiced by empire direct, so I assumed they had taken them over but the website is still there and has loads of choice and after a quick squizz there is a Baumatic that is 850 high semi integrated so there are probably others
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-10-2007, 03:58 PM
Thanks trouble. I've now found the booklet for mine, so at least I could ring MFI and see if they still do it. I like it coz it's shiny black at the top with the shiny white door which matches the black and white kitchen, so my first choice would be to go for an exact replacement.

I will try where you've said though and see what comes up. Dave will know about that semi and integrated bit, but you're right, I suppose we just get another full size door instead of the 2/3rd, but then how do you get to the controls if the top bit is covered with the door?????!!!

It's looking quite hopeful in there! Indesit do a few semi integrated but I vowed I would never allow another Indesit appliance in my kitchen!!! Hotpoint are good/brilliant for washing machines, but these are the dishwashers that have always blown up on me after 18 months. I'm going to phone MFI now and see if they do the one I have and take it from there, but that site looked quite good.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >