View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-05-2007, 06:35 PM
[QUOTE "most dogs can quiet happily be left to there own devices (once trained) for up to four hours at a time without any ill effect." QUOTE]

The reason I have put that time scale down is because I don’t personally believe that a single dog should be left on it's own for a longer period of time everyday.

Ok, a one off occasion like when you got three flat tires can happen to anyone, but I just don’t think that a dog should be left on their own for anything longer. It might be different if you have two or more dogs as they can keep each other company, but a single dog household for me is a No-No.
mirandashell2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2007, 11:56 AM
I was thinking of that, putting the crate in the bedroom. Or at least leaving the bedroom door open so he knows where I am and can get to me if he needs to.
mirandashell2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2007, 12:06 PM
How about them being walked off-lead? I've been told that this is a definite no-no.
-GreyhoundGirl-
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-05-2007, 07:08 PM
You'll get a lot of controversial opinions on this one too. Greyhounds, especially RR greys should NEVER be let off leash in a even reletively loose place. they can bolt after prey (like they've been bred to do for 5000 years and trained since they were puppies), and there is no guerentee that they will listen to your recall. If they see prey, they WILL bolt. So don't trust them loose unless it's a 100% safe place. Tennis courts work well, as well as a friend's yard if you don't have a fenced yard.
mirandashell2
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Hmm...that's what I thought. I suppose it's to be expected as it's what they're for really!

But what about introducing them to small dogs? My sister has a Jack Russell and I think she'd be a little upset if it got eaten.......
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2