Our sister sites
Our sister sites
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2021, 03:32 AM

Daily Thread Friday 2nd July 2021

Good morning all
Wide awake again, Kota is snoring....verrrry loudly! And both dogs have nicked the quilt, I am doing my best to hang onto the last little bit that I have.
I have news, Steve got a phone call yesterday from the bloke who does the rotas, he has shifts on the job he likes!!!! He was supposed to be off Sunday but that's changed, he is now at work and I think it's the same as last week, spare until 9pm and then late shift on Monday so I walk Molly and then I do her again on Saturday , that's fine as it's just a couple of days a week. I am really happy for him as it's less stressful although boring, he doesn't need to deal with people much, I know covid has been really really awful for some people but for Steve it's been a little bit of a blessing
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2021, 06:52 AM
Good morning Kelly and all to follow. Glad things are working out for Steve. Hope you are ok too.

Have a good day everyone, take it easy and stay safe and well. God bless.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2021, 08:33 AM
Morning Moyra and Kelly. Sadly I get the feeling that now things are sort of going back to 'normal' people aren't being as helpful as they were being. Ah well have a good day everyone.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2021, 08:58 AM
Good morning Kelly, Moyra, Brenda and all who follow

Pleased Steve has got the shifts he likes Kelly. Good that the garden is finished hope you get to enjoy it later this summer.

Hello Brenda and Moyra, hope you are both keeping well.

Fingers crossed for Dillon's vet appointment Lynn.

Like Steve my two sons have been lucky to work all the way through although both from home which has really taken a toll on the eldest as he lives alone and really missed going into the office for the company and interaction.

Dull this morning but at least dry. Men here to finish the gutters etc. Teazle walked, Mac cheese made and in freezer and topping for trifle made ready for tomorrow as off again to Ben's house so don't want to fiddle with a meal when I get home just something quick and easy.

Hope all are well. Stay safe.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2021, 11:15 AM
Moyra, I am o.k thank you... just very tired but it will all get sorted out.
Sue, my brother is the same...lives alone in London, hadn't been able to go to the office so even though I don't like him I made a point of calling him and messaging him and I even got my mum and dad to do a video call with him....once!!
Brenda, hope you manage to find the help you need... don't suppose I can help remotely?
I am really pleased for Steve, he still has to do some normal shifts...like today and tomorrow he is driving in the city but hopefully it will mean he gets more Days off together...not necessarily at the weekend but days all together which means I will most likely see him more regularly as if he only has one day off I don't see him
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2021, 11:24 AM
Morning griff, Moyra, brenda, Sue and all to follow.
Turned out to be a lovely warm day here.
Vet visit went well thanks Sue. Kat pulled his left hip about as that is the one he is twisting the ankle joint on and she says he really doesn't want to extend it. So the left hip has even less muscle than the right and is painful, the callouses on that leg near the ankle joint are just that callouses.
She didn't pull his right hip or elbows about as we agree his joints are deteriorating but while he's happy to go for walks even short ones most days we keep on with the painkillers.
We had the option of upping the Previcox does and using Pardale along side or the new injection on the market Labrella. Gets to the pain quicker and is just that a pain inhibitor rather than an anti inflammatory. No side effects regards liver or kidneys.
So he has had one of those today we keep him on the Previcox for two weeks as well and she will ring in 2 weeks to see how he is going we should see an improvement in 72 hours hopefully.
Then if he is doing well we shall ditch the Previcox and have a monthly injection of Labrella. Around the same cost, I will probably be able to drop the milk thistle saving £10 a month but she says keep him on the Pharmaquin supplement there is lots of good stuff about supplements alongside anti inflammatories and and pain inhibitors.
So while he is happy and wanting to walk out we keep on with what we are doing with a tweak.
He is such a good boy he was clearly unhappy about her pulling his hip about but no grumbling and when finished turned around and lent into Kat for a fuss. Which he duly got and an apology.
So 9 years 8 months today and still enjoying life. We both agreed we wouldn't be surprised to see him make 10 even if a bit more doddery than he is now.

griff pleased Steve got that call.
brenda I think the kindness thing has been going downhill for a while again now.
Sue I would happily eat trifle for tea.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2021, 12:56 PM
Lynn, pleased things went o.k at the vets, my neighbour was telling me about those injections...she said there's actually a couple of new drugs entering the market now for arthritis and pain....so pleased for you and Dillon
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2021, 01:57 PM
Pleased to hear Dillon is ok also pleased Lynn to hear you say the same as me I was thinking it was just me. Have a good rest of the day everyone.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-07-2021, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the good wishes for Dillon we know eventually there will be nothing to help but while there is we will willingly take it.
I heard about it from Elaine one of her dogs is on it due spondylosis she uses the same vets, and vet Kat when she can get an appointment with her.
We especially like the idea of no side effects especially regarding the organs and the fact he has been on the Previcox two years so far and thankfully his organs are still ok.
Who knows how long it would be before the nsaids started taking their toll.

brenda noticed it for a while now in fact I am thinking it is worse than before the pandemic.