Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rhianna
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-08-2005, 04:37 PM

not sure ?

Afternon everyone,
Those of you who know about Pixie { and again Jack and I thank you for your very kindwords xx} my husbund and I are ina dilemma since this awfull sunday morning Jack has not eaten apart from a small bowl of pasta and he is constinattley bursting into tears, he is asking for another Orange Roan!
He know he cannot replace Pixie but he is so sad, he is not playing out and this is unherad off, not only because we live ina park, but he is an outdoor kid.
I do realise this is all raw and painfull, and as his mum I just want his pain to ease.
But we are not sure if we should get another Orange Roan yet or ever plus they are quiet hard to find.
Any advice will be apreacieated.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

04-08-2005, 04:45 PM
Hi Reanna I would not make an issue of the eating thing..I would let Jack grieve in his own way in his own time and just give him lots of hugs...

If you feel you can cope with a puppy fine go ahead, it is not 'replacing' but starting again..if you wish to know the best place to start looking for a puppy members here will be able to suggest where to go

Added you can't ease Jacks pain I am afraid..he has lost his best friend ...as a mother who has faced the same situation I appreciate how hard it is for you..but he has to work through this.. accepting death is part of life..as the days pass the pain will be easier for him to cope with.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

04-08-2005, 08:54 PM
I did not know about Pixie sorry to hear that

when I was a kid we lost a few pets - it was always such a terrible time (still is) my mum would give me a huge hug and tell me how my pets had gone to a better place and eventually we would get another pet

I learned a lot from the experiances and unfortunatley its all part of growing up - however painful it is its a part of life

hope he starts to feel better soon
xxx