Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:02 PM
Originally Posted by Stormey View Post
The point being made, in my mind at least was saying It can be a sign of stress which in turn can be a sign of illness. which after all you little thread was about.
Oh for goodness sake, I wouldnt want anyone to see their dog doing this, after reading your comment, then thinking their dog is ill, which is why I simply backed up Jess's suggestion that it could also be a good sign.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-01-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Malady View Post
Oh for goodness sake, I wouldnt want anyone to see their dog doing this, after reading your comment, then thinking their dog is ill, which is why I simply backed up Jess's suggestion that it could also be a good sign.
Ooops, my mistake
Also signs of stress such as excesive yawning and "licking there lips".
I thought I had put but there is other causes.

See I am big enough to admit a mistake, unlike some.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Originally Posted by jess View Post
''which after all you little thread was about'' that could come across as a bit demeaning Stormy...
Glad it wasnt just me imagining that !

What were the results, did you find them useful, and did you have to specify what you wanted?
I asked for bloods to be taken to determine chemistry values and haematology values, so that any vitamin/chemical defficiency could be looked at and actual blood values could determine a coagulation problem or aenemia etc.

I Only had it done on my boy the first time as he was underweight (I thought) and I was convinced it was an internal thing, even thogh everything else about him was absolutely fine. It turned out he was fine, but I did them the following year and my bitch, just to compare.

I did find them interesting at the time and spent a long time talking to the vet about how results can differ in some dogs. I gives a good insight into the dogs from the inside too

Originally Posted by BARC View Post
This is great you all care about your dogs. I also would like to suggest visiting stopcanineobesity dot com where you can take a simple quiz to identify if your dog is overweight and find vets in your area that can help address these issue.

Just an FYI - The National Canine Weight Check is an educational campaign happening during the month of February. We’re encouraging everyone to get a free weight check for their dogs at a participating vet’s office. At each free weight check, our vet partners will hand out weight check cards to help you track your dog’s weight, as well as other educational materials and information to get a cool free gift
You are in the USA, does this scheme ! operate here in the UK ?
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:22 PM
Malady
It's great if you can find a vet you trust, I am still looking.
I am going to look into the blood test thing I think, even if it is only for a few times per dog. It is good to know, even if they 'appear' healthy. I would LOVE to have one of mine fed on pedigree chum (for example) to compare the bloods of that, but it's not going to happen, it's morally wrong.
Perhaps I will convince people in my classes to get it done. I would like to know if there is a difference internally as well as externally.

Would you recommend every year / 6 months? Also I know prices vary from place to place but do you remember how much you paid?
BARC
New Member!
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:25 PM
Glad it wasnt just me imagining that !

I asked for bloods to be taken to determine chemistry values and haematology values, so that any vitamin/chemical defficiency could be looked at and actual blood values could determine a coagulation problem or aenemia etc.

I Only had it done on my boy the first time as he was underweight (I thought) and I was convinced it was an internal thing, even thogh everything else about him was absolutely fine. It turned out he was fine, but I did them the following year and my bitch, just to compare.

I did find them interesting at the time and spent a long time talking to the vet about how results can differ in some dogs. I gives a good insight into the dogs from the inside too

You are in the USA, does this scheme ! operate here in the UK ?
Unfortunately, this is a US only campaign. However, we encourage you to talk to your vet about a healthy weight for your dog.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Come on guys lighten up, it was a simple question, I have 1 bitch scooby who can be quite naughty and does the licking thing when I tell her off, submission I don't know but it gets her outta botha,
T I know my dogs like no other person, even my vet .
I know if there down I know if there ill, I know if there happy or unhappy and they dont need to be dying for me to know there ill, we know because were tuned into them, we know like we know our kids are ill just by looking, you dont need to be a vet or a doctor to know your'e kids and dogs alike, the doctor once said to me I always trust mothers instinct because she's never wrong, its the same with animals if youv'e reared them you know them better than anyone else,
now if the vet pulled blood and saw there was a problem were I thought there wasn't then that's diffrent but in normal circumstances I know mine are healthy because I know my dogs simple. Does that answere the question or have i missed some at out.
jess
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Oops I forgot, no one in my class feeds that. Oh well the search continues.
O - what would be good is to find a client who wants to convert from P Chum to a natural diet. I could pay for bloods before and after. All in the name of research.
It's an obsession! I have an actual problem!
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:28 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
Come on guys lighten up, it was a simple question, I have 1 bitch scooby who can be quite naughty and does the licking thing when I tell her off, submission I don't know but it gets her outta botha,
T I know my dogs like no other person, even my vet .
I know if there down I know if there ill, I know if there happy or unhappy and they dont need to be dying for me to know there ill, we know because were tuned into them, we know like we know our kids are ill just by looking, you dont need to be a vet or a doctor to know your'e kids and dogs alike, the doctor once said to me I always trust mothers instinct because she's never wrong, its the same with animals if youv'e reared them you know them better than anyone else,
now if the vet pulled blood and saw there was a problem were I thought there wasn't then that's diffrent but in normal circumstances I know mine are healthy because I know my dogs simple. Does that answere the question or have i missed some at out.
Yes you have...............what's your dogs blood group ??? :smt043 :smt043
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes you have...............what's your dogs blood group ??? :smt043 :smt043
I'l ask next time im in xx:smt043 :smt043 :smt043
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Malady
It's great if you can find a vet you trust, I am still looking.
I am going to look into the blood test thing I think, even if it is only for a few times per dog. It is good to know, even if they 'appear' healthy. I would LOVE to have one of mine fed on pedigree chum (for example) to compare the bloods of that, but it's not going to happen, it's morally wrong.
Perhaps I will convince people in my classes to get it done. I would like to know if there is a difference internally as well as externally.

Would you recommend every year / 6 months? Also I know prices vary from place to place but do you remember how much you paid?
I paid over £100 I know that much, but without digging out the receipts I couldnt say exactly how much

I dont know if I would recommend it regularly, as I said I did it to check on Kaiy, and then as a comparison, I did Seku, but I would definitely do every dog I had at least once to see what they were like when they were young and vibrant maybe, so that if something came about when they were older, they could be done again and compared to see if there was a big difference in something
Closed Thread
Page 4 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »