Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2011, 07:38 PM

Dog Guard help?

I've finally decided to order a dog guard for the boot of my car as Monty jumps over into the back seats or the front seats when I leave him in the car for any period of time (not in hot weather obviously!!).

I've got an Alfa Romeo 147 hatchback and have found a couple of options on dogguardsrus.co.uk however i'm unsure whether to go for the tubular option:

http://www.dogguardsrus.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=T93

or the mesh option:

http://www.dogguardsrus.co.uk/proddetail.php?prod=W93

This probably sounds ridiculous but i'm swaying towards the mesh option as i'm worried he'll get his head stuck in the tubular one!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Hmmm I think if you have a Boxer this is not going to happen, but if you feel happier with mesh choose the mesh type.

But why does the mesh one not cover the whole area?
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
Hmmm I think if you have a Boxer this is not going to happen, but if you feel happier with mesh choose the mesh type.

But why does the mesh one not cover the whole area?
I checked that and for some reason they have removed one end for the photographs but the one they send you goes all the way across the back seats.

Realistically I know he probably won't get him head stuck but i always worry about silly little things!!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2011, 09:10 PM
Between them two, the mesh one definately (it'll stop drool on the back seats too then LOL), but don't alpha do a proper bespoke guard? You won't get the long legs on one like that, it will attach better to the back seats maybe? We got one for our audi 2nd hand from ebay for £80 (they're something ridiculous like £200 new)
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Between them two, the mesh one definately (it'll stop drool on the back seats too then LOL), but don't alpha do a proper bespoke guard? You won't get the long legs on one like that, it will attach better to the back seats maybe? We got one for our audi 2nd hand from ebay for £80 (they're something ridiculous like £200 new)
I looked on eBay but it didn't display any official ones. I looked on the official Alfa website and they were well over £100 and i'm not spending that much!

Apparently the one on that website doesn't compromise boot space and it looks like the legs sit back against the rear seats.

Poor Monty is going to be gutted when he realises he can't get onto the rear seats anymore!!
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I looked on eBay but it didn't display any official ones. I looked on the official Alfa website and they were well over £100 and i'm not spending that much!

Apparently the one on that website doesn't compromise boot space and it looks like the legs sit back against the rear seats.

Poor Monty is going to be gutted when he realises he can't get onto the rear seats anymore!!
Ah right, oo no i don't blame you.

I was the same with our two when we first used one of these (the last one used to have big gaps in each side they used to poke a head through each end) and you do feel awful when they give you those eyes in the mirror behind the cage wall lol!
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2011, 09:44 AM
I ordered the mesh one in the end so it should hopefully arrive tomorrow.

I'm sure Monty will get used to it, hes really good at staying in the boot but just not when I leave him in the car alone! I'm going to buy one of those dog cage fans as well so that he can have his own cool air in the back.

I have to say I'm looking forward to having my car look nice and tidy again. I always cringe with embarassment if I offer someone a lift and they get in to find it's covered in dog hair!!