View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 02:16 PM
This is a very interesting thread!! I have a Vax upright and have had it for at least 3 years. However i have noticed it has started to lag a bit in the picking up of dog hair. Ok to be fair mine shed like crazy so it had been extremely well used but it just doesnt pick it up as well even though i change the filters on a regular basis.

Which miele models do you all have?

xx
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 02:23 PM
Can I ask, do the Sebo and the Miele cat and dog vacuums both have bags?

Only if they do, don't the bags lose suction fast, and don't they cost rather a lot?

Just wondering, I may have the wrong impression. I too have a Dyson at the moment, but we may need a new vacuum soon....

Wys
x
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 02:52 PM
Both have bags. I haven't fit a Sebo but they rated top in s Dog mag testing vacuums on pet hair. I don't have ant problems with the bags, I no doubt overfil them but even when packed it still sucks up 10 times more hair than my previous bagless vacuum. That could do half the living room, get clogged and take me half an hour to clean to do the other half of the room! Admittedly that wasn't a Dyson, they may be better. meile bags aren't cheap but they are very easy to use and change. I never have another vacuum now
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-07-2010, 02:55 PM
Miele bags are expensive but no they don't lose suction, I buy them in bulk as I get through them at an alarming rate but I do have 5 dogs, 2 cats and 4 birds which also make a huge mess.
I have a Miele Revolution 5000 powerplus with electro head, no idea if it's still a current model as it's a couple of years old now. I also still have a ten year old Miele Revolution 600s still in perfect working order but used in the garage etc. So it was both expensive to buy at around £300 and expensive to run due to the price of the bags but very well built and last forever and would never have anything else.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 03:52 PM
I have two Dyson's (I'm just showing off! lol!) one for upstairs and one for downstairs, and they're both different. The downstairs one is the animal which is supposed to be the best for pet hairs, BUT, the lighter red one I have upstairs is in fact, much, much better at picking up!

I've had many a hoover in my day, and they're all rubbish except for these Dysons, BUT, I haven't gone ott expensive yet and opted for one of those other highly recommended ones like that Meile coz I hate spending lots of money just for a hoover, so I buy Dyson's when they're on sale in Curry's never spending more than £140 each time! I get through them as you can see, but we've had a lot of building works going on here over the past 4 years and they didn't cope well so had to be replaced!

Next time I need another one, it'll be a Dyson again, I'm well happy with their performance.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-07-2010, 04:08 PM
We swear by the Dyson Animal upright vaccum. Had 2 now and this one for the last 5 years; although Ruby doesn't moult, Dyson does a bit and the cats do bigtime. Our last dog was a Lab who shed all over the place and the Animal was and still is fab for cleaning up dog hair, catfur and all the usual mess on the carpet.
IanIOW
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-07-2010, 04:13 PM
We have had 2 Dyson upright hoover's over the last 5 years only for the motor's to burn out so one was repaired but we decided to get a Henry [the low and high power one] and paid £99 for it and bought the Aero brush seperately for £21.We had paid over £300 for each of the Dyson's and the Henry is so much better plus it is great for the kennels and even the ash from the log burner.Its the best £120 we have ever spent on a hoover.Takes a bit more time than an upright but we can't fault it.If we were ever to get another upright hoover it would be a Miele and certainly not a Dyson.....Cheers..Ian..PS..My sister in law bought the new Dyson ball only for the motor to burn out on that after 7months.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg View Post
Can I ask, do the Sebo and the Miele cat and dog vacuums both have bags?

Only if they do, don't the bags lose suction fast, and don't they cost rather a lot?

Just wondering, I may have the wrong impression. I too have a Dyson at the moment, but we may need a new vacuum soon....

Wys
x
The mieles don't ever lose suction. The bags are fairly expensive but worked out over a year its not too much especially as you can often get them on offer (buy 2 boxes get one free). I would think it works out I use £10-£14 worth of bags a year.

Originally Posted by Kristina View Post
This is a very interesting thread!! I have a Vax upright and have had it for at least 3 years. However i have noticed it has started to lag a bit in the picking up of dog hair. Ok to be fair mine shed like crazy so it had been extremely well used but it just doesnt pick it up as well even though i change the filters on a regular basis.

Which miele models do you all have?

xx
I have the Miele Cat and Dog. Its quite a few years old now but still sucks up like new and right to the edges too with no effort.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-07-2010, 06:40 PM
I ended up getting a VAX mach 3 from argos on sale at £69.99 and a 6 year warranty .. more my budget at the moment ..
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-07-2010, 07:02 PM
I always had Dysons but after using a Miele Cat & Dog hoover on holiday, and finding it fab, I bought one. I have to say that initially I was over the moon with it, but the ecstasy has worn off now (approx a year later) as having to buy bags all the time is a pain in the butt, and I actually find the suction does go a bit when the bag is getting full. Okay, we do have 6 dogs in the house in an evening, as well as two young children who make a nice mess, and I probably don't clean the head and such-like as often as I should, but I think I would go back to a bagless hoover next time I need one.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3