Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 04:23 PM

Dog guards

Can anyone recommend a really strong dogguard for a hatchback?that can be bought from a respectable internet site?i have one at the moment that has legs and every time oscar (labrador)goes to lie down it pushes the dog guard out! so i want one that has no legs and that is fixed just along the top of the boot by the heads of the seats, ive seen them in hatchbacks before but cant find one to buy i can only find the ones with legs which are no good, anyones help will be appreciated thanks!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 04:31 PM
Hi Zoe, my o/h actually got one made for the actual car. I think this is the way you have to go, otherwise they all have the legs. My o/h has said you will have to contact the main dealer for your car to see if they do one as he doesn't think you will be able to get a proper one that fits at the top and bottom from anywhere else. Maybe someone else will come up with something. I always ended up with dogs in the front seats when using the type you have, they're rubbish aren't they. Mine is fantastic though and never works loose as it's secured properly at the top with seat belt type straps holding it down at the bottom. Hope that helps Zoe.
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 04:36 PM
Hi Helena! i have never thought of having one made my car is a honda jazz, its going in for a service next month so maybe i could have one made then?if i give them a phone, dont mean to be rude but is it expense having one made?I know its rubbish my one!i might as well not have it in! you have been a great help!zoe
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 04:39 PM
You don't have it made Zoe Lol! They have them already, but you have to get one that fits your car, so if you ask them they will tell you if they have them for your car. O/H has just said he paid £70 for mine and it's an astra estate, so yours would be smaller, but he doesn't know whether they actually do them for your particular car, but they may know of another car's guard that would in fact fit yours. All the best with this one!
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Sorry thats what i ment i didnt mean it to sound like they actually make one just for your car lol!i realised you ment they already have dog guards made.I know they do dog guards but i dont no if they are for my car well im giving them a phone to see if they can see if one will fit when my car goes in for its service, thought it would be about £70 but thats ok if they work and well worth the money. Thanks for your and your o/h help!zoe
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 06:31 PM
Keep your eye out in your local paper Zoe, as there's one for sale in our Fri Ad for £35!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 07:08 PM
hello

should be able to get them from ur honda dealer. the ones on legs are rubbish - however be aware that we also had on for the car that didnt have legs - fixed at all sides to the headrests etc and Bruno was so determined that he wasnt staying behind it that he broke the welding on the guard, by tugging and throwing himself against it - he no travels in the front seat with his dog harness. This was after 3 dog guards were all broken = we just gave up !!!

dani
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 07:14 PM
Barjo have IMO the best guards very good customer service department too http://www.barjo.co.uk/home/
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-05-2005, 07:25 PM
Hi I have a hatchback a Rover 25 to be exact. And have a dog guard in this will take a picture or two and post them for you in the week, (don't have a digital camera) the ones on legs are useless and this one is perfect and keeps my two Staffs in the back without moving but to make it secure(r) I had to make two small holes with the drill but once the guard is out you don't see them, and means I can still use the parcel shelf when the dogs not in the car and the guard is always there . They are just behind the rear parcel shelf so you don't see them.
The make is Saunders (I brought it over the web) I just told them the make of car and they sent it took about 3 days from order to delivery. Excellent service. Mine is the mesh sort.

Karen
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Thanks Brundog,julie and kazz!you are all great! i looked at the link julie but they dont do ones for my car, kazz i had a look at that site and they do some great ones! i think the mesh guard thinks its w11 with no legs should fit and looks stong too!either get that or ask honda about one!thanks again guys!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >