Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 01:04 AM

I hate this weather!

I just tried to let jake out for his last toilet time before bed, and he wouldn’t go! One look at the wind and rain and he was backing away to find a nice warm spot to lie in!

I hope I don’t get a repeat of last night! He wouldnt go out then either coz of the rain, so I was woken up at 4:20am by him sitting next to me whining, I was all groggy so just came him a wee clap, and rolled over. So he jumped off the bed, and went round to the side of the bed I was on, stuck his face up to mine as close as he could, and started whining again! Once I looked at him, he ran up to the shut door whining some more!

It’s the first time since he was about 12 weeks old, that I have been woken up by him at such a ridiculous time! I hope he doesn’t keep doing this… going to try again soon and fingers crossed he will go do his business… he normally doesnt mind the rain, but i think there has just been too much recently and mixed with the wind, its just not for him...

at least he is good at letting me know he needs out... thats positive
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 01:55 AM
poor Jake he doesnt want to get his tootsies wet, but at some point he has to go,
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 02:03 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
poor Jake he doesnt want to get his tootsies wet, but at some point he has to go,
yeah, but the wee pest chooses to wait till his wee bladder is about to burst at 4:20am

tootsies made me smile
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 02:29 AM
Originally Posted by lozzibear View Post
yeah, but the wee pest chooses to wait till his wee bladder is about to burst at 4:20am

tootsies made me smile
he is trying not to go he thinks he can hold it and will never have to go out until the sun shines again but out of no where his bladder can't hold anymore and he had two choices , 1.not wake you and pee iin your room or 2. wake you up and try and express the urgency in the matter and he runs to the door with the look of this needs to be opened now or I am going to explode, you get up slowly and he is thinking 'hurry up woman, why are you moving so slow, can't you see that I am busting'
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 07:31 AM
4.20am? That's the time I am oh so glad I have a smaller dog and a dog flap!

Have you tried putting a really yummy smelly treat in your hand as you go to take Jake for his last walk at night? He might forget the weather if he can smell fresh chicken
Hopefully once he's outside and moving, nature will take over
tabsmagic
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-11-2009, 09:24 AM
i know that one!!
treats, promises, toys and bribes will not convince werm to pee in the rain!!
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 09:29 AM
Oh I know where you're coming from...Leon refuses to do anything in our garden, I think its because its all slabbed and he wants grass and bushes to tiddle up etc., we are planning on changing that next year but, in the meantime, if he has refused to go out for his last walk, he will get me up in the early hours and I have to get dressed and take him for a walk...if I open the back door to the garden he will either run away from the door or go outside and just stare at me...little tinkers aren't they?
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2009, 11:52 AM
Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
he is trying not to go he thinks he can hold it and will never have to go out until the sun shines again but out of no where his bladder can't hold anymore and he had two choices , 1.not wake you and pee iin your room or 2. wake you up and try and express the urgency in the matter and he runs to the door with the look of this needs to be opened now or I am going to explode, you get up slowly and he is thinking 'hurry up woman, why are you moving so slow, can't you see that I am busting'
you always make me laugh! and that is sooooo right!!

Originally Posted by MissE View Post
4.20am? That's the time I am oh so glad I have a smaller dog and a dog flap!

Have you tried putting a really yummy smelly treat in your hand as you go to take Jake for his last walk at night? He might forget the weather if he can smell fresh chicken
Hopefully once he's outside and moving, nature will take over
wish i had a dog flap... although no matter how small jake was, my parents would never allow it. will need to wait till we move out he did his business on his walk, but his last walk was at the back of 8 when i came in from work, the two of us were soaked through (my feet even went that wrinkly way when you have been in the bath too long ) so we didnt brave going out after that lol.

Originally Posted by tabsmagic View Post
i know that one!!
treats, promises, toys and bribes will not convince werm to pee in the rain!!
lol, with age jake is going to same way... and he is only 9 months

Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
Oh I know where you're coming from...Leon refuses to do anything in our garden, I think its because its all slabbed and he wants grass and bushes to tiddle up etc., we are planning on changing that next year but, in the meantime, if he has refused to go out for his last walk, he will get me up in the early hours and I have to get dressed and take him for a walk...if I open the back door to the garden he will either run away from the door or go outside and just stare at me...little tinkers aren't they?
aw, jake is the same as leon. the only good place to tiddle on is grass and bushes... lucky we have grass though jake does the running away from the door, he then looks at me as if to say 'are you crazy?? you arent making me! no way!'