Our sister sites
Our sister sites
traybabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2005, 07:19 PM

Spain??

Hi everyone

We are looking to book a holiday to Spain next year - about Sept time and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. We are looking at the mainland - plenty for 3 boys to do (ages 15,13 and 9). I would be really grateful if anyone has been out there with kids. I have been to Majorca when they were younger but need to entertain the older 'little darlings' now!!!

Many Thanks

Traybabe x
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 07:23 PM
Fred or Christine will be the right people in the know, I'm sure they'll be along soon to help
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-10-2005, 09:09 PM
hi

you could perhaps consider a villa near the salou area as close to portaventura water park - which might suit ur boys, alternatively you could consider a combination citybreak and do Barcelona with a beach stay or Seville etc with beach stay - so that you folks can be entertained as well as ur kids !!

I work as a travel consultant so if you would be interested in some prices or assistance then please feel free to either email me or Pm me.

dani
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

26-10-2005, 09:13 PM
I`ll leave you in the good hands of B/D
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 09:19 PM
me to if it was mallorca that would be different then i could help you more
Fred
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-10-2005, 09:21 PM
but as B/D says the north from barcelone is very nice and lovely beaches to walk with dogs
traybabe
Dogsey Senior
Female 

26-10-2005, 10:03 PM
Thanks everyone. We decided on mainland as we want to take the boys to the Barcelona football ground. We quite like the idea of Salou - thanks Dani - I will keep that in mind. Thanks Fred too - we have been to Mallorca twice - to Porto Pollensa (with ex-husband) - it was beautiful - but decided didn't want to go again with present husband - it wouldn't be fair on him or the boys. Have you been to Pollensa lately - I last went about 7 years ago and remember the restuarant on the front with the parrot by the door (a real one!) the food was fantatstic!
Mango
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-10-2005, 07:41 PM
I'd imagine that Salou is very different to when I went there, over 20 years ago!!
I think that there's a lot for youngersters there now

Having been to Barcelona this year and flown into Rheus airport, you could stay in Salou and do a day trip to Barcelona (we did that when we went before)

We went on the bus tour in Barcelona this year and it's a really good way to see the city as you can get off at any stop and just get on again when you are ready, we saw the football ground and the olympic stadium amongst other things and it's really good value

One word of warning though if you go to the Ramblas (sp) or anywhere in Barcelona be very careful of pick pockets

Having said that the city has a lot to offer!