Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2022, 09:03 AM

Soggy Sunday 26th November 2022

Morning all. Yep it is wet wet wet. Funny you should mention Stamford Lynn as it was Stamford County in USA where the painting passed through. Anyway it is raining so off to do something exciting, yep washing hair. I suppose I could save on water and stand outside and do it. Have a good day folks.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2022, 09:23 AM
Good morning Brenda. Hope you find something exciting todo

Yes very wet. Her ladyship did the usual quick in and out, had breakfast and now back to bed.

Good news is that the delayed family arrived early this morning. Had to ring Ben at 4.00am to make sure he got up to have enough time to drive to Heathrow. The two girls have gone with him so a happy reunion no doubt at arrivals. Just got to wait now for a message they are all home safe but not expecting that until early pm.

Hope all are well. Take care.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2022, 10:52 AM
Pleased to hear family home Sue. I have washed hair but indoors. bg!! Been for a quick walk and then tried to take a pic on phone but signal no good. Then I saw a strange ? sign come up on the front of phone. Now found that yep switching it off completely and then re starting sorted it. They do say switch off don't they? Anyway have a good day.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2022, 07:29 PM
Evening all
Gave my parents a bit of a fright last night, I fell asleep in the chair, apparently they were shouting at me and I wouldn't wake up, dad had to shake me hard about 3 times before they could get me awake , mum thought I was dead lol. No idea what caused it but still here today so not too worried
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2022, 09:40 PM
Good afternoon, all.

Sue So pleased they have arrived, and nice Ben could go with the girls to collect them. Is that everyone here now for ever or some just for Christmas?

Lynn You sound like you are really looking forward to carting and will you be sticking with dogs or moving to bitches? Hope Freya is feeling a little better.

Brenda I think its help desk basic info switch off and on. Hope you enjoyed your day and how lovely your daughter has the painting especially with her love of horses. A family treasure. Did she move to USA for work originally?

Chris How is your day going? Is your daughter doing well?

Griff How frightening for your parents, you should maybe log the event with your GP, have you changed your medication at all?
Hope Christmas goes well for you all, sounds like your brother is making an effort to get on with all happening with the parents.

Moyra Hope you are doing well
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2022, 09:47 PM
My weekend has consisted of a few of us painting my niece's front room. I have been in charge or caulking. They have an open fireplace in
there which they will be taking back to original and putting in a working stove with an oak mantle but at the moment it's a small opening with a piece of metal backplate in front (gas fire removed) anyhow
I removed the metal plate and cleaned inside the chimney then cleaned the metal backplate and re fixed to the wall with duct tape making it draft free and we have painted it and [popped an electric stove in front for the time being.

Been out for lunch then into work so been busy hope all of you are well I am in work tomorrow morning so catch you later in the afternoon
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2022, 11:21 PM
Good evening all.

We managed to dodge the rain again thankfully.

The cafe we go to in town have put the breakfasts up by a pound so we combined a look around the Christmas market with a rekki of other cafes. Found one that is dog friendly and £2 each cheaper so we'll be trying that one out tomorrow in the hope that it will become our new regular breakfast place

My daughter is going from bad to worse Kaz. She has days where her knee and shoulder swell so badly that it's impossible to walk. She's trying a new combination of drugs in the hope it helps a bit.

My brother had something similar yesterday Kelly. His was part of his Parkinsons. The carers rang 911 but they said it would be four hours before they could get a doctor to call back. He was unconscious and, like you, unresponsive. They called 999 and the paramedics came out. By this time he was coming round and they gave him a thorough check out and said that if it happened again to call back. Thank the Lord he is much better today
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-11-2022, 11:51 PM
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Good evening all.

We managed to dodge the rain again thankfully.

The cafe we go to in town have put the breakfasts up by a pound so we combined a look around the Christmas market with a rekki of other cafes. Found one that is dog friendly and £2 each cheaper so we'll be trying that one out tomorrow in the hope that it will become our new regular breakfast place

My daughter is going from bad to worse Kaz. She has days where her knee and shoulder swell so badly that it's impossible to walk. She's trying a new combination of drugs in the hope it helps a bit.

My brother had something similar yesterday, Kelly. His was part of his Parkinsons. The carers rang 911 but they said it would be four hours before they could get a doctor to call back. He was unconscious and, like you, unresponsive. They called 999 and the paramedics came out. By this time, he was coming round, and they gave him a thorough check out and said that if it happened again to call back. Thank the Lord he is much better today

Chris, I expect all the cafes will suffer with the rising prices/ I hope you find the new one does a nice breakfast. What a terrible shock for you and your brother.

How worrying for your daughter - I do help it works for her there seems to be a lot of "individual elements" in fibromyalgia what seems to work for some has no effect for others. and vice versa. I wish her the best has she stopped work now?