Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2022, 07:39 AM

Thanksgiving Thursday 24th November 2022

It is, so, Happy Thanksgiving to those in USA especially my daughter. Don't think I have ever mentioned that, as well as dogs. she is into horses and has taken in a beautiful chestnut horse called Windsor. He is at her place for rehab. The photo she sent me of him is beautiful. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2022, 09:56 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow.
Happy Thanksgiving to your daughter and all who celebrate.
Your daughter sounds like she has a lovely life brenda ever thought of moving that way yourself ?

The sun is shining at the moment so I am hoping to make hay while the sun shines.
Coverless quilt on the line and a load of washing almost ready to go out. Hoping it stays fine as a few days off from Freya sitting to catch up on things.
Chrysler in for its mot at 1 pm hoping nothing needs doing.

First bit of paperwork from Prudential in the post box when we arrived home last night, this is asking if you agree to the terms, if you do not send it back they assume you do.
Next bit on its way with details about contacting the L&G to start the process of drawing the annuity monthly. We hope anyway.
Won't be with us today as there is a postal strike, we have waited 4 months already so another few days won't hurt. Not sure how long the process through L&G will take not as long as the Prudential we hope.
I'm going to have a go at using the dehydrator function on the air fryer in a bit with an orange.
If it works well I might decide to make my own dehydrated dog treats.

Hoping everyone is well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2022, 10:46 AM
Good morning Brenda, Lynn and all who follow

Happy thanksgiving to all who celebrate

Lovely and sunny here. Well all went wrong yesterday so no-one arriving today. When they do is another matter. Needless to say son is fuming as he had taken the morning off work Now it looks as though I will have to do the journey to Heathrow when it is sorted. Should be a lovely journey home as they don't speak English and my Portuguese is very weak. Can understand some but not reply properly yet.

Hope all are well. Take care
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2022, 10:58 AM
Oh my god sue!!! I am so sorry to hear that! Did they just not get on the plane or a paperwork issue ( you don't have to say if you don't want to) does google translate do a voice version lol... hopefully nodding and smiles should do the trick!
Lynn, hope you get the pension all sorted, it's a bloody minefield and I am sure half of it is designed to put you off contacting them
Brenda, how lovely, the horse sounds beautiful.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2022, 02:24 PM
Oh no Sue. What a situation.

Well washing mostly dry few bits airing in the tumble dryer. Those bits that don't go in the tumbler are on the airer.
Oranges dehydrating nicely.

Chrysler passed the same advisory as last year the leaf springs which last year we were told had about 5 years left but as he had noticed them he had to put it on the paperwork.
So we are out in a minute to look for some flooring for the bathroom and a coffee to celebrate.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2022, 02:40 PM
Always a relief to get non urgent advisories or a pass Lynn.....I get bothered with it and I don't even own a car lol. With Steve's it tends to be worrying about money to repair it and with my dad's.....the worry of having to sort the repair out, look for bits etc
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2022, 03:36 PM
Absobloominlutely chucking it down. Had to put a light on to see to read. A book called A Beautiful Spy by Rachel Hore. Intriguing book. I am being good and checking thermostat before putting heating on. I used to feel the rads but now check the thermostat. Aren't I good? lol!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

24-11-2022, 05:48 PM
Always a relief griff.
It stayed nice here brenda till about 5 pm.

We popped over to carpet right in Wisbech, the carpet place in Downham has moved to Wisbech so we headed back that way and popped into carpet right.
I knew as soon as we walked in the door we were going to be pestered. Good afternoon welcome to the Wisbech store. (No problem with that).
We were looking at remnants first and within 10 seconds he was there, my name is Jim, what room are you looking for ? Bathroom you are in the right place we knew that thank you.
Gorden was trying to check his measurements against the remnants and couldn't as the fella was a jabber jabber with advice which we didn't need.
I had to walk away.
I get the welcome it's nice and maybe he should of said my name is Jim if you need any help ask.
In the end we walked out and found the original carpet place where we got a remnant from about 4 years ago and found them reasonably priced and easy to deal with.
We have a lovely piece of vinyl very unusual and he gave us a bit extra and knocked £7 off to round the price off.

I worked in retail as a part time Saturday girl many years ago and in various shops throughout my married life and we were trained to make ourselves known but not in the customers face.

The rain coming home was dreadful we couldn't see the road and with the lorries which we got a lot of going past made it very worrying to drive.
Still home in one piece and with a nice bit of flooring.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2022, 06:15 PM
See Lynn Jim did you a favour. Anyone watching The English on bbc2?
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2022, 06:53 PM
Lynn, I am the same.....my politeness only lasts so long! I can't help it, I am not a moron, if I am not sure I am happy to ask. We went to buy a laptop from p.c world a few years ago and the guy asked did we want insurance...no thank you, he kept us there for 15 minutes trying to force us into insurance, In the end I just said "tell you what, shove your insurance and your laptop" one lost sale....he said "so you don't want the laptop" I just started laughing as I was walking out and said "take a guess". Life is too short, I had been polite and declined but then he kept going on and he must have been able to tell I was losing my temper. Wasn't even a massively expensive laptop so quite why he thought I would want insurance was beyond me, we kept telling him we would just buy another.
Brenda, haven't seen that, is it worth a watch?
I am fed up now, my body really hates me, saw a physio yesterday and I have damaged the rotator cuffs in my shoulders....no idea how but there we are, been having awful headaches and in a bit of pain, did a COVID test as I had a bit of a cough this morning... negative, made dinner, ate it and I said to my mum that my eyelashes were rubbing my eyeball......my whole eyelid and part of the eye socket is swollen. I have put a hot teabag on it ....god knows what's up with it now, I did start with a funny eye when I first got Ill but I don't think this is the same, if it's much worse in the morning, I will have to go back to the Dr...ffs
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >