Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2022, 07:15 AM

Silent Sunday 13th November 2022

Morning all. Yep up early today as had a good sleep but woke around 6ish so got up as knew I wouldn't go back to sleep and can't read in bed in the mornings as that makes the back more achey. Not seeing Church today. Have a good day all.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-11-2022, 07:43 AM
Good morning everyone from Madrid.
Having a great time and being spoilt.

Friday Michael picked us up from the airport. Later we went out for dinner.
Yesterday we went to the Latin quarter (traditional Madrid) and had lunch out a huge lunch we were stuffed at the end and then stopped at the magnificent building which is the station and houses tropical plants.
Evening Maca's parents came round and we had a good conversation mix of English and Spanish good job they speak better English than we do Spanish and wine and Tapas bits.
Today we are off to Toledo which used to be the capital.

I will catch up with everyone properly when we are back home. In the meantime hope you are all keeping well.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2022, 10:30 AM
Good morning Brenda and Lynn

Enjoy your day Brenda

Pleased you are enjoying your break Lynn and look forward to reading more when you get back

It was misty when I got up but now the sun is trying to break through. Nothing planned today so might go for a walk along the beach this afternoon.

Hope all are well. Take care.
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-11-2022, 10:33 AM
Feeling really rotten with this cold I got off Sue, head spinnng-sneezing and coughing let alone out of breath (not covid related). Hope it goes before I get my driving licence DVLA eye test.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2022, 04:03 PM
Good afternoon all

It was foggy all the time we were out this morning but not too cold

Rosie has been struggling a bit this last couple of days again so I've limited her walking time again. Bless her, she takes it all in her stride which makes watching her struggle even harder

It was a good turnout for the cenotaph procession this morning. We watched them walk up the main shopping street while we ate breakfast then observed the silence as it got to 11 am

Hope the cold soon goes TW and Lynn, have a wonderful time
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2022, 04:03 PM
Afternoon all
I woke early too Brenda but.....I went back to sleep lol
Sue, enjoy your work
Barry, paracetamol and fluids
Lynn, pleased you are having a lovely time
Been and checked mums friends house as she is away for a couple of days, then went to heron foods and ended up buying reduced stuff, came out with a bag full for £10.20, then to Costco for cheese, was kind and fetched a block for Steve too
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2022, 07:31 PM
Good evening, all been to work and popped in to see a friend nice to catch up as well.
Washing did not dry today the sun was deveining.

Griff Odd you say that I woke early too but had to get up for work at 6am just a thought with your Dad may be worth sorting the legal side out now; a good friend of mine Elaine in Scotland (although different legal system) her Mom and sister are having great difficulty with all things legal due to her Dad's diagnosis of vascular dementia even though he and her mom have joint accounts.

Chris A bit up and down with Rosie but we do what we can. Observed the silence at work very well observed as well.

Tw Hope you feel better shortly.

Sue Hope you are feeling better after your cold must of missed you saying that, Sorry. Hope your beach walk was nice blow the cobwebs away.

Lynn Sounds like you are having a great time a few more trips and your Spanish will improve. Maybe join a Spanish conversation call the University of the 3rd age do some.

Brenda I cannot read in bed either, have you considered a heated underbed blanket I brought one recently and boy has it improved my sciatica and my sleep.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2022, 07:38 PM
Sadly Kazz I can't have heated things as I get to hot as it is. Thanks though for the thought. It is getting better, my trouble is when I think it is I stop taking pills and start doing more as you do. Then it's back to square one. lol!!
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2022, 08:18 PM
Brenda, I do not leave it on overnight I switch on couple of hours before bed and on lowest then off as I get into bed. But has made such a difference. Its a horrible thing back pain when I was hospitalised with mine (first occurrence of back pain) they were in two minds if I had Cauda Equina but as I discovered after Cauda Equina is a medical emergency and having read up on it I am pleased I was diagnosed with the lesser of two evils Sciatica the Consultant did say flare ups can last about 12 weeks then ease for a while. But little things set it off you don't even realise till too late
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2022, 09:06 PM
Thanks Kazz, unfortunately I don't really know what is going to happen after court, I don't know if mum and him will be together and also, I don't know if I will be here myself, the house is already in trust so that will be for my mum to stay in and then after it passed to Andrew and I.... don't think they would be happy with Andrew taking over.
My little hedgehog didn't make it so a bit sad.