Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2022, 09:24 AM

Strewth Saturday 5th November 2022

Morning all. Wet out so not been for walk yet. Strewth because you will alll say that when I say I am still having a few problems with my phone provider but hopefully it will be sorted out by next week. It all takes time even with the so called technology. Apparently too many different departments to do different things. Have a good day all. Hope your mum gets sorted soon Kelly. Enjoy your peace. It must be lovely for you now. Enjoy your holiday Lynn when you get there. Right off to put my waders on.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2022, 10:32 AM
Good morning Brenda hope you don't get too wet on your walk. Hope your phone issue is soon sorted..

Hope what ever is planned for your mum works Kelly.

Now you are ready to go on holiday Lynn so relax as much as possible before then.

Managed to get Teazle out before it rained hard so we were only a little damp. Family here for lunch as usual then they will take a meal home for Maria when they pick her up from gymnastics.
Been having problems with the car windscreens trying to get the grease off. Have now tried steam cleaning them so hopefully they will be better but will have to wait and see when it is wet and sunny/night with street lights. They both have new wipers but still smeared when in use. Fingers crossed problem now solved.

Hope all are well. Take care.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2022, 03:21 PM
Good afternoon all from a wet and miserable Skeggie

Managed to get out, but we did get wet - yuk. Rosie was not amused

A yay day for me. Ovo Energy have at long last finalised Gary's account after many weeks of trying.

Heating is on today. We are going to trial having it all on for a month to see how much it will cost. It's still not overly warm in here but it is a very, very cold day with the rain and not even a glimmer of sunshine
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-11-2022, 03:36 PM
Afternoon everyone is very wet here too.
Gorden is trying to finish the hall floor and I am sorting presents for Madrid wrapping etc.,
Nearly done.
Tomorrow sorting spare room for Freya's travel cot to go up for Monday evening when she stays.
Not long and will be finished then fo a large glass of red I think.

Honestly brenda It's like banging your head against a wall trying to get anything sorted these days, still no paperwork for the final stages of Gorden's pension being paid from Prudential.
Sue have you tried cleaning the windscreen with white vinegar and the blades ? Might help cut through the grease.
Yay Chris someone has finally got something settled.
griff lovely to hear you say the neighbours are easier to live with.
Hope mum and dad get sorted soon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2022, 05:01 PM
Good evening, all

My eldest niece's birthday today Kate is 30 where has time gone; when did the little girl who hid behind curtains and under rugs turn into a smart yet still enchanting, endearing and much-loved young woman; with a partner who adores her (he has taken her away this weekend for her birthday) a house of their own they got the keys this week -lots of saving. And on the up in her career a much-loved young lady we are all so proud.

Anyhow "proud praise" aside a nice day here cold not a hint of sun and very wet but still a nice day bits and pieces from my list done. Roast chicken, sprouts, mash, roasters and stuffing for late lunch early dinner as at work tomorrow.

Hope you are all having a great day.

Brenda I am in the process of talking to British Gas I say that in the loosest possible terms as I speak but do they listen questionable. But onward I struggle with them so simple, I think but many hands make for a spoiled customer experience. But the people I speak to are very polite and helpful but seems when they have helped the "full stop" seems to stop the progress for progressing to the proper outcome. Have a great walk.

Lynn What a lovely wat to spend your day. Have a great weekend wrapping.

Chris Quick touch me with your "energy supplier luck" LOL well done. Glad you are sorted; you are doing like I am following "normal" heating living practice and will be seeing at end of this month how much it all comes too. Cannot blame Rosie for that being wet is horrible.

Griff Hope what the hospital plan for your mum works, so pleased you have lovely neighbours as well.

Sue Have a lovely day but question how did you get grease on your windscreen? Regardless spoke to my nephew he of the "car obsession" and he said try toothpaste he did, and it worked when he parked next to a burger van once in the park while playing football. he said rub on windscreen and then remove with either a toothbrush or very soft bristled brush. Said it worked for him.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

05-11-2022, 05:45 PM
Wrapping is all done.
Now just need to get in the cases, we will be doubling up keeping things safe that are in bubble wrap by wrapping them in jumpers.
Michael has said it is still warm in Madrid, they are noticing a drop in temperature but to us it may still be a bit warm.
He will be home for Christmas arriving the 24th for a few days, then off to London as a friend is getting married and he flies home to Madrid on the 31st for his 2nd Christmas with Maca's family on the 6th of January.

What a lovely post about your niece Kazz. Happy Birthday to her
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2022, 09:47 PM
Wow so Michael is a proper Christmas energiser soul, I suspect you will find Madrid warmer than those living there Lynn. You must be so excited going over.

Thanks also for not thinking the post was over gushy but you have to say and also hear you are loved and people are proud of you.