Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2022, 08:29 AM

Windy Wednesday 2nd November 2022

Morning all. Chris I hope the pain goes away very soon. I am with Kelly on what she says, surely they sould ask you first which way you want it done? I have, I hope sorted out the scam email. I always know if they are but always think it best to check? Have a good day all. Looks like it might stay dry for a few hours. The sun is trying and it isn't cold in here but not sure about out there. Byee off for a wander.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2022, 09:05 AM
Morning Brenda
Yep, always best to check anything you think is a scam..... certainly no entering details/ bank details
Mum has to go see her chest consultant today....her asthma has been terrible.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2022, 09:13 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Feeling sad today Dillon would have been 11. Good job I have plenty to keep me busy today.
Nice day so washing is in and will soon be on the line.

brenda glad you have the scam email sorted, they are such a worry and a pain.
griff hope all is quiet next door.
Sue hope you're having a calmer day.
Chris so sorry that the injection hurt this time around. Like the others have said I would ask for the way you had for the first time if that works better.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2022, 09:41 AM
Awww Lynn (( hugs))
Yep, it's lovely.....such a nice family, nice to be able to say hi and enjoy the peace! There's 2 children and you don't really hear them in the living room but you can when in the kitchen/ upstairs but it's nice noise..... children running and playing, it's not like before where it was noise just to disturb you. The man was true to his word and changed the gate around so at least nobody needs to worry about anyone getting knocked over and hurt...he was there 2 weeks and sorted it, thousands and thousands in court and legal costs and the other pair would do nothing!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2022, 10:19 AM
That is so lovely to hear griff.

Gorden is doing admin today. When he retired at the end of March it turned out he got paid for April. He emailed so many times and each time we will send details of how to return it.
Anyway nothing came till Monday when we arrived home to a curt letter telling him he had been paid when he shouldn't and should return the money by 17th November.
He has emailed them pointing out and attaching all emails till July to them asking how to return the money.
He has mentioned he doesn't appreciate the rude letter when none of this was his fault but incompetence on their part.
Now emailed Prudential he discovered through them he had a pension he didn't know about he thought it had been amalgamated into his teachers pension many years ago which it should of been and hadn't and thought that was included in his monthly pension.
Well they pestered and pestered for many months for details to make sure they had the right person now nothing and he had to book a call to discuss further with them about payment that was a waste of time only to tell him the paperwork for bank account details would be here in 2 weeks.
Nothing so far so overdue so now had to email them about their incompetence too.

Fingers crossed everyone takes note. Wouldn't hold my breath though.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2022, 11:23 AM
You would think with emails etc that mistakes could be easily rectified Lynn, I am struggling with British gas at the moment, mum changed her email address....no longer has access and can't remember the password to the account, all I need to do is change an email address....a messenger chat, web chat and phone call......nothing! It's just easier to keep track of things in an app and give readings directly
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2022, 11:56 AM
Everything is such hard work at the moment griff.
Good luck with your challenge.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2022, 01:06 PM
Good afternoon everyne

Pleased your new neighbours are lovely Kelly

Oh dear Lynn this is all you need when all you want to do is enjoy your time and your retirement. It seems that no organisation wants to let you contact them or help you when you can get through to them. Its a nightmare. As for British Gas how do you contact them if you haven't got a computer, answer is you can't unless you spend your entire life savings on a phone call!

Hope your eye is less painful today Chris.

Well my day up until now hasn't been exactly relaxing. Up and out early for the monthly shop, home to sort and put away, walk Teazle then I decided I would have another go at getting the car windscreen smear free. I have tried everything but nothing seems to have works. So I went, on Barry"s suggestion but it was my next try, to get new wiper blades. Seems to have worked as now 99per cent better. Now going to take it easy this afternoon - I hope

Hope all are well. Take care.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

02-11-2022, 01:34 PM
Ooooh Sue I know customer care seems to have gone out of the window.
We will get there eventually.
Hope you have a relaxing afternoon after such a busy morning and glad the wipers have worked.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-11-2022, 06:48 PM
Good evening all

Nice day, but cold here although it's chucking it down and blowing up a storm now - it's even affecting Sky reception

Nope, can't ask them to change back to how they used to do the injections because they used to put the numbing drops in in the waiting room so they had plenty of time to work. They won't do that now and put them in 5 minutes before whist in the 'operating' room. I've told them and told them it just doesn't have time to work, but they do it the new way anyway. The eye is fine today, in fact better than normal because they irrigated it afterwards because I was having problems with the iodine. The pain of the injection itself though was so intense I almost passed out. That just can't be right when I never felt a thing before. I will be putting in a complaint with the consultant if I can ever get to see or talk to him.

Since everything has gone computerised, not only does it seem more mistakes are made, but they take months to sort out. I'm having an ongoing problem with OVO Energy about the account Gary had for his old flat. How hard can it be to finalise an account? In fact, I know how easy it is because I used to work in a call centre where we worked for 5 energy companies and it's a few keystrokes to end an account and yet we are countless phone calls, web chats, emails and formal complaints in and it's still not sorted.

Glad the new neighbours are working out Kelly. Must be such a relief for you

Aw Lynn, big hugs. It's awful to lose them
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >