View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2005, 10:28 PM
Nutro Light......it's the only one we've used that actually works, and the dogs enjoy! We also add two large carrots chopped (not fine) seems to be working here.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2005, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by Carole
what about the Burns Oats? that is supposed to be good. Im sure someone on here has used it

We've used Burns High Oats, but my girls hate it.....even if hungry they leave it, that's why we went for Nutro Light
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-11-2005, 12:34 AM
Originally Posted by Inca
poor old porkie Sophie gets fed half the amount the others do and gets more walkies but is still so overweight ........anyone use light diet food ? I am at the mo giving her pasta and veg to bulk her meals .....
JMOP....will never spey another less medicaly required LOL
Inca I don't understand why you are feeding pasta to bulk out Sophies meals if she is overweight ? It is made of mainly wheat flour, contains no fibre and it is very fattening ...Some dogs can't tollerate wheat very well anyway and it can make their tummies bloated...that is why I like Burns because it is oat and rice based with no wheat or maize.

If I wanted a dog to lose weight I would feed just meat and veg with no cereal (or perhaps just a little high fibre brown rice or rolled oats )the exception being the odd treat like Kelties or Sea Biscuites..If feeding complete I would feed Burns with fish and some veg to bulk it out, and a daily carrot to clean teeth and prevent heart disease .
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-11-2005, 05:36 AM
ta mini I am only talking about 5 or 6 pasta shells and was told it was a good bulker but won't give any more....we will try more veg and meat ..but we are begining to think she will just now be on the heavy side

all mine have a carrot a day as well
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-11-2005, 07:05 PM
We feed our Tina and Holly Arden Grange light diet and it seems to be keeping their weight stable. When our Holly was a puppy she was very overweight, (she does put on weight easily anyway) a lady at our local training classes said to put her on meat and all bran for a few weeks, i gave it a go and Holly lost weight on this quite quickly.
Christine
Dogsey Veteran

14-11-2005, 09:05 AM
Heres a cooked diet for weight lose

http://www.canine-epilepsy-guardian-...eight_loss.htm
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2005, 04:41 PM
I have tried Zara on red mills light...and she loved it.I am in the process of ordering some now.Its additive free and she says it tastes great!!!
www.redmills.co.uk
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Archer
I have tried Zara on red mills light...and she loved it.I am in the process of ordering some now.Its additive free and she says it tastes great!!!
www.redmills.co.uk

Looks pretty good, can I ask how much it costs?
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-11-2005, 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers
Looks pretty good, can I ask how much it costs?

15 Kg = £22.89
4 kG = £6.79
HOWEVER IF YOU GO TO ANY CHAMP SHOWS THEY NORMALLY DO BUY 2 GET ONE FREE!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2