Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2021, 08:33 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, 22nd February, 2021

Good morning everyone. I trust you and your four legged friends are all well and ok. Have a good day, take it easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2021, 08:42 AM
Goo morning Moyra and all who follow

Well done on your find Lynn and hope you have a happy time motoring around in it.

Chris that is not good. A friend of mine has just had her car serviced at a main dealer and they quite happily picked it up and returned it fully sanitised. The drivers seat was covered and he wore gloves and even cleaned the handbrake and steering wheel before he got out. I would complain to the manager as they should respect that you are still shielding.

Nice morning but a bit overcast at the moment. Washing done and out on the line and plan to finish going round the final flower beds hoeing and weeding then only have to concentrate on the veg patch and the lawn.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2021, 09:35 AM
Good morning all.

It's the Stoneacre Group and I've argued 'til I'm blue in the face with the Head Office to no avail. I can't take it elsewhere as it's under warranty and I have a service plan with them.

They are pathetic, but it's the nearest Fiat Dealership and even then it is 35 miles away from us hence why they won't pick up and drop off. I offered to pay £50 if they would, but they just won't budge. Anyways, he's gone now, but disgruntled is putting it mildly.

The weather looks nice and we'll still be going out once he gets back, although a bit later than normal.

Have a good 'un all
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2021, 12:31 PM
Chris...do you do FB?? Pop it on there... it's appalling customer care
Do they not offer a pick up and return service?? Every garage we have used does, sometimes you have to wait a week or 2 but it should be available
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2021, 12:42 PM
Chris, I just did a live chat and asked did they do a pick up and return service for people shielding...
I got this response
Hi there, this may be something we can get arranged for you. You would be best speaking to our Head Office/Servicing Team on 01405744192, they will be happy to help!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

22-02-2021, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by griff View Post
Hi there, this may be something we can get arranged for you. You would be best speaking to our Head Office/Servicing Team on 01405744192, they will be happy to help!

Good move Kelly but I'm bound to say that here we have the perfect example of 'big company' buck passing

When you began working for your dealership most of the things that needed doing would be done by all you lads & lasses on the shop floor.

But with this person we see how weasle words come into play.

"this may be something we can get arrranged for you" but then goes on to say NOT by him (or her) because you have to ring a different number.

So they have effectively answered in a positive way but at the same time said that they won't get off their backside and ring the head Office / Service team themselves, so effectively passing the buck with no comeback on them, they've effectively done thier job,
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2021, 02:55 PM
They won't do it because we are too far out of area - 35-38 miles.

The courtesy car was filthy. Inside not as bad but dog hair on the back seat and a half drunk bottle of water in one of the cup holders - so much for fully sanitised.

They 'phoned an hour after and said the tracking was out and the back of the key fob was missing and it's battery is weak. They could do this for us at £9 for the battery, tracking £39.50 (all plus vat). So it was a no thanks.

The back of the key fob was missing from new. Battery we can do ourselves and it's £20 for tracking in town.

When it was finished, we got the engineers report and the tracking is ticked OK. Brought this up with the service manager who said it hadn't been checked when they 'phoned, but tracking is always out.

The plus point is the car (our car) has come back sparking inside and out. I have though just gone through it with the disinfectant wipes to be safe.

I am so p'd off with this company. It's not the first time, but it's the nearest Fiat Dealership and warranty is for 3 years so we're stuck.

Regretfully, a change of manufacturer next time. Shame because I love my Fiat. Had them for years
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2021, 03:10 PM
Wow!! The dog hair I could cope with, the bottle of water....no!!!!
Can I just clarify, you were told the tracking was out but when you collected it, you were told it hadn't been checked and the box was checked as o.k?? That is seriously dodgy!!!! We were only ever Allowed to tick the box when it was done, it's not just because it's wrong to claim to the customer you have done something you haven't but also because if you are taken ill or need to leave and someone else has to take your job over, how would they know how far through the service you had got and you shouldn't tick an o.k box if something isn't o.k.....I would email fiat directly or trading standards....I dread to think what else they are doing/ not doing, makes me mad as this is what gets mechanics a bad name.
We used a garage over the road for mot before our garage moved to bigger premises, we all had an idea that the MOT's weren't being done properly, one day, we got the inspectors yellow chalk, picked a vehicle and circled patches on the chassis ( this would indicate that the area was rotten) we sent the vehicle over for mot and it came back stating that the chassis was rotten, we got our service manager through....told him what we had done and asked him to find the rot.....he couldn't!! He had it out with the owner of the test station and the tester wasn't seen there again
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-02-2021, 03:57 PM
Had a chat with my Dr today, the heamotology dept have said to start treating me but they didn't say with what....so he has suggested I take iron until he hears back again, they have also said to refer me back to the colorectal department I think, he has said that this may be something they never find the answer to....that's fine with me
Steve has been invited to book for his corona-virus vaccine...he is 52 with high blood pressure, healthy other than that so I am guessing it's because he's my unpaid carer.
Man has been and run the cable over the roof for us, just need to connect the camera up and drill another hole in the wall lol
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

22-02-2021, 04:08 PM
Afternoon everyone.
Started off nice ended up raining now the sun is appearing again.
What a morning sorting insurance and breakdown cover, got there eventually.
Dealing with people messing around about the free mirror wardrobe doors. Seems they will be going on Wednesday fingers crossed.
We have just had to euthanase our last green terror the female. She had been laying eggs even though no male around to fertilise. What we had been thinking was eggs turned out to be a growth. Last few days she hasn't been eating and earlier she was nose down and when I managed to get a good lump at the back of her I could see it was ab growth.
So we popped her in a zip lock bag with water and she has gone in the freezer we use for Dillon.
She will be buried under the cherry tree with Mr Terror. No more fish no more pets full stop eventually when the time comes for Dillon, the older I get the worse the hurt becomes.
Even for a fish.
We will clean the tank and put it up for sale.

Chris that is terrible service surely they should of been prepared to extend the miles to pick up and drop off under the circumstances.
griff good Steve is getting his jab. Hope everything for you works out well.
Sue another busy day for you.

Stay safe everyone.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >