Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Padraig
Dogsey Junior
Male 

19-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post
I knwo someone with a Welsh terrier,he's 14 now so they're quite long-lived. She got talking to me when she met my 2 Kerries on the heath as she originally wanted a Kerry Blue but her vet told her not to as they're not good with children. Was really surprised about this as I have heard a few horror stories of poor temperament ones but never heard of one that was not good with children.

Irish terriers are definitely not little though!
We have a couple of Welsh terriers in our area who get on well with Paddy, they aren't too dissimilar like little Airedale's, we met a Lakeland terrier recently. who resembled Paddy closely if not quite as tall and treated Paddy like an old lost friend Don't know if it is my imagination but all the terriers in Paddy's ilk have a mutual friendship quality, we have an Airedale at training who seems out of all the dogs to be Paddy's best mate.

Paddy's Dad - Ken
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2011, 08:15 PM
Paddy and Ken I thought I saw you today at bark in the bark, you were sitting in front of the show ring by the yorkie rescue stand. I was in the ring with my dog so couldnt say Hi but I wanted too and was scared incase it wasnt you and I got sectioned!!
Padraig
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-08-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi K'Ehleyr

Yes probably, Black trousers black Polo shirt Grey hair. seemed to be sat around a long time until the first two disciplines were finished. How did you get on, did you win anything, we left empty handed this time but are looking forward to our next opportunity.

Photo from a previous event

Paddy x
K'Ehleyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2011, 06:46 PM
Ooooo yes it was you
We didnt win anything this time, but Im very surprised you never. The judge seemed to be terrier loving judge and Paddy was one of the nicest
patricia@topaz
New Member!
Female 

22-08-2011, 01:18 PM
He's gorgeous! I have an IT (Ruby), and will post a piccie of her as soon as I get home (am sneaking a look during work ). I love ITs and would love another - aren't they the best?

I often get asked if she's an Airedale, though.... Nothing like!
Craig & Lorna
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-08-2011, 03:36 PM
Nice looking dog
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 04:02 PM
Originally Posted by patricia@topaz View Post
He's gorgeous! I have an IT (Ruby), and will post a piccie of her as soon as I get home (am sneaking a look during work ). I love ITs and would love another - aren't they the best?

I was out walking my 2 Kerry Blue terriers once and a lady stopped to admire them and asked me if they were Airedales. Makes a change from Poodles I thought but then she went on to say that she had previously owned an Airedale so really should have known better!
Padraig
Dogsey Junior
Male 

22-08-2011, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by patricia@topaz View Post

I get that a lot but to be fair we have an Airedale at training class and despite the size and colour difference I can see a resemblance so can understand why people ask the question. I used to think the same Nothing like!

I would love a another IT as a friend for Paddy but don't think I would have the stamina.

Ken
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Padraig View Post
I get that a lot but to be fair we have an Airedale at training class and despite the size and colour difference I can see a resemblance so can understand why people ask the question. I used to think the same Nothing like!

I would love a another IT as a friend for Paddy but don't think I would have the stamina.
Ken
Yes-I'm the only pet Kerry owner (as opposed to show people) I have ever met who has 2! I guess this must be for a reason!
patricia@topaz
New Member!
Female 

22-08-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Padraig View Post

Ken
Would love another too! I keep trying to think out the logistics (as I work) but can't at the moment! Infrastructure in place for The Rube is already complicated enough...

https://picasaweb.google.com/1131831...CILdwPrs3aXFUw

https://picasaweb.google.com/1131831...ILunJTYyoiEqAE

https://picasaweb.google.com/1131831...00686485720802

https://picasaweb.google.com/1131831...01114778747042

https://picasaweb.google.com/1131831...01839964829042
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >