Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think , first of all, you are dealing with a 15 yr old boy, beleive me, the most well ajusted/mannered boy, can turn into a an alien over night, and suddenly they dont speak English anymore, all they can grunt is SO! WHAT! WHATEVER! So I would`nt worry to much over his negative answers. But he is not a well ajusted lad, he has seen his parents split, maybe he does not have a good homelife with his mum, but sees his dad in a happy relationship, so adding to his already messed up hormones of youth, he has that to deal with.

But that does not mean it is exceptable, but It is your partner who must take responsibility for his son, you need to talk to him make him understand how you are feeeling, it is putting strain on your relationship, he needs to take charge, of his own son, and I would bet his son may be just testing his dad, seeing how far he can push.

As for the eating, ignore it, the more you go on about it , the more he is going to dig his heels in, he is playing a game with you, he knows it winds you up, so dont let it, it will become boring for him, if he only want burgers , let him have them, just do you normal cooking, ask him what he wants if he wants rubbish give it to him. he will grow out of it.

My daughter was the same as a teenager, she would only eat chips, fishfingers, and tomato sauce, the times I tried to get her to eat the same as the rest of us, Now at 22 she eats a very good healthy diet.

You are getting your self into a state, and Steven can see it, so he will be enjoying it, and he is taking all his messed up felling out on you, You need to distance yourself, from it, let him create, and pass the buck over to his dad, it is his responsibility.
Exactly what my mum says. Its not fair on the other 2 either to hear us arguing. I'm not going to give Steven the opportunity to make us argue.
I shall be having 'words' with OH before the weekend

Thanks for everybodys advice. I really appreciate it
Blackie's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by Jules1 View Post
Thanks for your reply Sue.
Its really hard being a step mum to a teenage lad
I dread the weekends! Oh well, i'm staying out the way this weekend.
I'm leaving all the hassle to his dad. Think i'll pack my bags and take the dogs camping for the weekend
only if i can come too
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-02-2007, 03:36 PM
LOL The more the merrier!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2