Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bubba
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2006, 11:45 AM

All teeth out

Oh my goodness, I have been told that I need to have all of my teeth out within the next few months because my jaw bone is crumbling away.

I am terrified. The dentist is going to take all of my top teeth out in one go and all of my bottom teeth in one go 4 weeks later. I am having it done privately, but it means I will have to have full dentures and I don't know how I am going to cope. I am so scared. I am 39 years old and feel like a waste of space. I am terrified that my husband will leave me, especially after all the drama with the strokes that I had, this is just like one more nail in the coffin.

How do I cope with dentures? I don't know anything about them, except you can't eat corn on the cob.

Sorry to let it all out here, but I have been struggling to cope with this for a few weeks now, and I really really needed to tell someone. I try to pretend that it doesn't bother me when really I want to cry and cry and hide away.

bubba
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

12-07-2006, 11:59 AM
So sorry to hear that,no wonder you are so upset.
You can't help being unwell and i'm sure your Husband won't leave you if he has helped you through the episodes with your strokes I am sure he will help you through this.Sorry don't know much about dentures myself but hoping you will be ok and you are certainly not a waste of space. Heres a hug.

Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 12:04 PM
How do I cope with dentures?

like millions of others ..HUGS am sure it will be fine just think perfect teeth with no more fillings ...see there is a bright side
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Are your teeth all loose at the moment then? If so that must be pretty difficult to deal with too. If the jaw bone really is crumbling away doesn't sound as though you have any options anyway. I can sympathise with you not wanting dentures though, big hugs mate life is just cr@p sometimes and we just have to get on with it because it's better than the alternative.
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 12:56 PM
Having a problem with my bones all my life, when I became pregnant with my daughter I had the very same problem of the bone in my jaw deteriating, I was 27 at the time,and my daughter is now 22years old, my teeth themselves were fine, I was devastated, I still have some teeth that hung on and now are OK but the majority had to come out, to this day my hubby hasnt seen me without my teeth, and we have been married 26 years you will be fine, millions of people have false teeth, but dentures are so good now that you may never know who has them and who dosnt, it took me a long time to come to terms with the loss, but now I very rarely think about it, it never effected my relationship with my hubby.

Mo
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 01:07 PM
I am so sorry you are having to go through all this, sending a (((hug))) xx
Sponge
Dogsey Veteran

12-07-2006, 01:43 PM
Have a hug...(((xxx))))

Dentures nowadays are really good and you should be able to eat anything! even corn onthe cob!.....my MIL still enjoys this treat and she had a full set of dentures and has had since she was 21!.....they have been married for 42 years and my FIL has never seen her with her teeth out..

You will be fine, if they are cuasing you bother they are better out than in!

I am sure your hubby will love just as much with or without your "own" teeth....your denture will be your "own" just not natures git but a "gift" from the dental profession!
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2006, 08:35 PM
I wish I could have all my teeth out I've even begged my dentist to remove them and he still won't budge

I have the same problem Bubba. The bone that supports my teeth is deteriorating (advanced gum disease) and have to have two of my bottom teeth removed once I've finished having treatment with the hygenist.

I have been offered to have the teeth splinted, but, as far as I'm concerned, I'm only delaying the inevitable.

I'd rather have false teeth than loose painful ones that affect me everytime I try and close my mouth

Look on the bright side, you'll have that perfect smile everyone dreams about
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2006, 05:53 AM
My mate has just had her old set replaced. She'd had the old one over 30 years, so it was time

The new ones are just fab, and you wouldn't even know they were false.

My teeth are a pain in the @rse - I've just been told I need either a partial top denture, another bridge, or an implant because one of my front teeth has an infecton behind the post (it's a crown) - it's grim, but what can you do?

Go with the flow hon - at least you'll be able to crunch ice cubes
Bubba
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Hi everyone,

Thank you all so so much for your support and maybe a little kick up the a**e . I knew someone would see sense and put me right.

Yesterday it seemed such a tragedy, today however, I am actually quite glad. I never even thought about no more fillings, extractions, root treatments ect. I am well happy now

I sat hubby down last night and we had a good chat. Awwwww, he is such a diamond. He said my new dentures can only look better than the gappy and sore teeth that I have now and it will save on dentist bills

He also said that he has stuck by me for the past 14 years all through the M.E. and strokes ect and he has no intention of letting that investment go.

Again thank you all for making me see that I am actually really lucky and I am a bit embarressed for complaining.

Huggers to each and every one of you, you are very special people.

Bubba (Tess)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >