Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 08:39 PM

This is scary, scary - don't you think?

have changed the names of the people concerned.

Well today I was gobsmacked totally spechless which is unusual for me I met a "friend" I went to school with Louise, she was pushing a pram and I stopped to admire the baby, now Louise is like me 43 this year, I know she has a new partner and I "assumed" the baby was her's.

Well my mistake No1. She said this is Bethany's son now Louise had a daughter at 14 and I couldn't recall the daughters name so I smiled and said "so you're a Nan" Louise smiled and said "No, Sarah is the Nan, I'm a great gran."

Well once I'd picked my self up off the floor and recovered, it comes to light, Louise almost 43 had her daughter Sarah at 14, Sarah is now 29, and she had her daughter Bethany at 16 and now Bethany has had a son at 13.

Good God and they are all proud as punch over this really.

Louise has never worked I know this, she has 5 children by two different partners (none from this new one) ranging from 29 down to 7.
Sarah 29 also not working has it appears 4 children from 3 different partners from Bethany 13 down to 2.
Bethany 13 has a son aged 4 months, and is not with the father.

The whole set up is weird scary and totally off the wall.

What is the world coming to,

Female 

15-05-2006, 08:54 PM
A brilliant example of the "cycles" that we all move in with our children.. we all tend to raise our children based on our own values.. children live what they have learnt! This girl has clearly learnt from her female role models that her lot in life is to reproduce.. nothing more. her parents/grandparents aren't going to condemn her as that would mean condemning themselves as unfit/irresponsible.. what a shame, that girl could have been the next great mind of our times ... but now... hardship and condemnation are all she has to look forward too
Of course there are exceptions to that, where an unwanted pregnancy can happen to the most well educated supported teen. Damn Hormones have a lot to answer for!!
Rachel
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 08:59 PM
Well to me it was like History repeating itself, Louise when we were at school lived with her Nan.
And found out today her daughter Sarah was brought up by her Nan Louise's Mom, and it appears Bethany moved in with Louise when she was about 5 so Lord knows who will bring up the little lad if history repeats itself then I suspect that will be Sarah.

Seems they jump a generation - in child care maybe thats because they are "old enough to be a parent by the time they are a grandparent"

Oh by the way I did voice my opinion to Louise and say how sad a way of life they have and what can they expect when she has never had a job.let alone common sense
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:01 PM
I'm speechless.
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz
Seems they jump a generation - in child care maybe thats because they are "old enough to be a parent by the time they are a grandparent"
I think you are spot on!!
Rachel
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2006, 09:11 PM
I really do try my hardest not to be judgemental of people, because you never know what someone's life has been like to make them do the things they do, but this is stretching my tolerance. The main thing I object to is that if all these generations are living off benefits then it's taxpayers like the rest of us that are paying for it.

I think Darasa has hit the nail on the head with what she says about role models etc. I just wish I had a solution to it all.
beanieman
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-05-2006, 09:19 PM
well i hate been judgemental, i was 23 when i had my first, and my daugher who is 16 has just found out she is pregnant, i hope it is not a cycle that my family is going to follow, i was gutted when i found out although now the shock has warn off i am sure as a family unit we will cope, yes it is strange, as it is not the norm, but who are we to judge anyone elses lifestyles, that is my honest opinion, will probably get shot down for this but hey
darasa
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-05-2006, 12:07 AM
IMHO the fact that we have a tax system that benefits all is one of the few things that as a society we can be proud of.... regardless of our "social morals" the government will always have its cut of our income, regardless.. no single mums, no unemployment, will not mean less tax payable....
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2006, 07:45 AM
Originally Posted by beanieman
well i hate been judgemental, i was 23 when i had my first, and my daugher who is 16 has just found out she is pregnant, i hope it is not a cycle that my family is going to follow, i was gutted when i found out although now the shock has warn off i am sure as a family unit we will cope, yes it is strange, as it is not the norm, but who are we to judge anyone elses lifestyles, that is my honest opinion, will probably get shot down for this but hey
well i think age is just a number and as long as the baby is well looked after that is all that matters!
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally Posted by minda
I really do try my hardest not to be judgemental of people, because you never know what someone's life has been like to make them do the things they do, but this is stretching my tolerance. The main thing I object to is that if all these generations are living off benefits then it's taxpayers like the rest of us that are paying for it.

I think Darasa has hit the nail on the head with what she says about role models etc. I just wish I had a solution to it all.

I think you read my mind. I just wish they could broaden their horizons and see what a big wide world it is, full of opportunities. The chances are the next generation will lead the same kind of life.
Growing up the one thing i was certain of was that i wanted more enjoyment out of my life, with broader horizons than my parents ever had, through no fault of their own, people used to lead quite narrow lives i think.
Horses for courses though because my sister had her first at 18 and had 5, has never worked but her husband has worked his nuts of to support them all. Each of her 3 daughters were pregnant at 17/18 and are still with their original partners. Each family is fully self supporting, and no the grandchildren are at it, so yes they learn by example but sometimes it isn't as black and white as it seems.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >