Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 08:16 PM

Rash

I noticed some spots, like a rash on the top of my leg earlier....
it doesn't itch, or hurt, the lumps are raised...any idea what it could be?!
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 08:16 PM
could be a heat rash
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 08:18 PM
It's not particularly hot...and i've not been sweating...!

There is about 7 spots...3 close together, and the rest spread out, but only over a small area
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2006, 08:25 PM
If you've shaved or waxed your legs recently it might be a bit of inflammation, otherwise I'd have to guess at some sort of insect bite, although that would probably itch. Sometimes when my clothes rub and catch the little hairs on my leg I get little raised lumps like this. It's not very likely to be anything worth worrying about. I bet it's gone by tomorrow. These things just seem to come up and go down for no reason!

Actually, I've just thought. If it's some kind of insect bite they quite often don't itch until later. Have you been out in the garden or lying on any grass? Little mites could be biting you if that's the case. That would explain why they're close together too.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 08:28 PM
I haven;t shaved/wax, but I hardly have any hairs on my legs anyway (one positive side to Chemotherapy!)

Erm...not been in the garden for a couple of days due to the crappy weather, but I always wears trousers anyway!

i've even checked Teagan for fleas - and there is none!
House has been cleaned, and sheets were changed on the bed yesterday, but i've not used anything different...

The rash is only in one small place anyway!

I'm so odd
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-05-2006, 09:04 PM
anything unusual you have come into contact with?
is it just on the 1 spot no where else?

keep an eye on it heather ... odd join the club.lol
minda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2006, 09:07 PM
Oh I'm sorry. I had no idea you'd had/are having chemo. Without wishing to pry or start scaremongering, is it possible the bumps are linked to this? Obviously I don't know what you're receiving the chemo for but red bumps can be a sign of leukemia. I'm so sorry for saying something so insensitive and I've been trying to decide whether or not it was an appropriate thing to post but I felt like I had to say it. Obviously there are loads of other things these bumps could be and I'm sure they are just insect bites or something but with you mentioning the chemo it just set off a warning bell in my head.

I hope I haven't offended.
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 09:08 PM
Just found a few more spots, but in the same area.
It's on my thigh, at the top/side of my right leg - so doesn't really come into contact with much apart from my clothes!

One of the small clusters of spots is itching - but that could be because I keep looking at it lol
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally Posted by minda
Oh I'm sorry. I had no idea you'd had/are having chemo. Without wishing to pry or start scaremongering, is it possible the bumps are linked to this? Obviously I don't know what you're receiving the chemo for but red bumps can be a sign of leukemia. I'm so sorry for saying something so insensitive and I've been trying to decide whether or not it was an appropriate thing to post but I felt like I had to say it. Obviously there are loads of other things these bumps could be and I'm sure they are just insect bites or something but with you mentioning the chemo it just set off a warning bell in my head.

I hope I haven't offended.

it's ok!
I had chemo 4 years ago, but hardly any leg hair grew back (not a bad thing!)....so it's nothing to do with that luckily!
I just don't have to shave/wax, apart from one small place on each leg, on my calf!
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

01-05-2006, 09:14 PM
you havent been bitten by anything?
think what you have been doing heather...lol
or have you been to some one else place and come in contact with anything there?
has the number gone up? count them then stop looking or better still put t foot on your leg so you cant see them!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >