Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 01:51 PM

Private Dental Treatment.

I can't believe it - I just rang the dentists surgery to try to get an appointment for a check up for me and my kids - I have paid about £64 this year already for the priviledge of having a private dentist which was forced upon me because my lovely dentist decided it was better for his patients if he went private (who the hell is he trying to kid ) and the dentist is now closed - at 2.45 on Friday afternoon - what sort of bloody service is this for our money God it makes me sooo mad. He's fine about taking my money out of the bank but he hasn't contacted me once yet to give me one of his 6 monthly checkups for me and my children which he is meant to offer for £13 a month

No wonder he went private - more time to do what he wants and more money for doing it
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 01:53 PM
you will prob find him out playing golf.....
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 01:59 PM
Oh dear. What these private dentists fail to realise is that you can easily move to another private one if they're not up to scratch. I'm pretty sure that most private dentists offer the dental plan at around the same price per month. Mine does.

If you're not happy with him I'd shop elsewhere. Dentists think they have us by the short and curlies now that the NHS system is all to pot. We can still shop around though for better service.
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 02:19 PM
Originally Posted by minky
Oh dear. What these private dentists fail to realise is that you can easily move to another private one if they're not up to scratch. I'm pretty sure that most private dentists offer the dental plan at around the same price per month. Mine does.

If you're not happy with him I'd shop elsewhere. Dentists think they have us by the short and curlies now that the NHS system is all to pot. We can still shop around though for better service.

Yes I might just do that because I have had this dentist for about 3 years now and I have never been too impressed with him to tell you the truth - I was with the other dentist for 12 years before he retired to the Lake District - still at the same practice - the other dentist moved in and took it over.
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 02:21 PM
Good idea, why pay him £13 for crap service when you could pay another dentist the same for much better?

Hopefully the competition between private dentists will increase and we'll get better service now that we have to pay for it
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Originally Posted by minky
Good idea, why pay him £13 for crap service when you could pay another dentist the same for much better?

Hopefully the competition between private dentists will increase and we'll get better service now that we have to pay for it

Yes hope the lazy good for nothing swine goes out of business cos I definitely wasn't impressed with the dirty trick he played on me last year saying he couldn't get me in for an appointment for seven months and booked me in for a check up for April - knowing full well he was going private and that appointment would conveniently cease to exist once he did I still haven't had a check up
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 02:26 PM
Oh that's a dirty trick! Get the yellow pages out and get hunting
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 03:13 PM
Ahhh no surprises there...so typical!!!!

Our private dentist (who also is NHS) takes 'cash only'......

One can't help but wonder where that cash actual goes, I'm thinking into his back pocket
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally Posted by maplecottage
Ahhh no surprises there...so typical!!!!

Our private dentist (who also is NHS) takes 'cash only'......

One can't help but wonder where that cash actual goes, I'm thinking into his back pocket
It makes you sick doesn't it God knows what state this country is going to be in in another 20 years the way its going - everything is a lot worse than it used to be. Read last night in the paper that the 50 year old boss from the NHS trust in our area is to take early retirement with a £475,000 golden handshake. He was on £140,000 a year - what the hell did he do for that sort of money He has only been there for 4 years too. No wonder the NHS is in the state it is with clowns like this taking all the cream
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Originally Posted by Foxy
It makes you sick doesn't it God knows what state this country is going to be in in another 20 years the way its going - everything is a lot worse than it used to be. Read last night in the paper that the 50 year old boss from the NHS trust in our area is to take early retirement with a £475,000 golden handshake. He was on £140,000 a year - what the hell did he do for that sort of money He has only been there for 4 years too. No wonder the NHS is in the state it is with clowns like this taking all the cream
Yep, you summed it up there Foxy! Daylight robbery at its finest!
Blinkin golden handshake I'd like to be given stack loads of money for robbing other people blind, that's for sure! Here's hoping his retirement is short and sharp - no time to spend his money
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >