Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 06:45 PM

Owwwwww!!!!!!!

I was in a car accident on Tuesday (not my fault ) nothing really serious but it was a side impact and I'm suffering from whiplash which I've never expierieced before...It's really painful. I am taking a few days off work but I'm feeling really guilty about it although I did have the accident after doing my boss a favour and dropping him off at the garage to pick up his wifes car. I would never have been there otherwise
Any idea how long this pain will last ( even writing this is hurting my neck ) and am I being stupid for feeling guilty about taking time off
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2005, 07:08 PM
in one word yes
you need to be fit and like you said it was doing your boss a favour that it happened.
so chill out and take care of yourself
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2005, 07:51 PM
Whiplash is mighty painful-i had it years ago when a car shunted me.

Try taking Nurofen every 4 hours or if your symptoms become worse-ask your GP for a prescription alternative which will be stronger.Also,consider wearing a neckbrace because this will help keep your head in line with body and they do help a lot!
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 08:01 PM
my mum got whiplash several years ago,she settled her claim whilst receiving ongoing treatment for it and we are going back 8 years,she is still suffering now,the impact caused damage to her shoulder and actually shifted her ribs make sure you get yourself checked out properly and i hope the pain subsides soon
minky
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 08:07 PM
Don't feel guilty - accidents happen. I had an accident that resulted in head injuries and whiplash. I don't know about you but I had to lift my head off of the pillow by pulling it up by my hair. Damn sore! My whiplash lasted a good week before i saw a marked improvement. Hope you get better soon x
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 09:20 PM
Whiplash is very painful... I had it 2 years ago after a man hit the rear of my hubbys fiesta(his pride and joy)We had a really good firm of solicitors to sort out our claim,they were really good and she suggested i put in a claim for personnal injury which i did and had a good settlement.
The man tried to worm his way out of it but with no sucess.

I hope you feel better soon,put your feet up and take care
Sal
spike_the_staffy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

24-11-2005, 10:18 PM
Hi,
Hope your feeling a little bit better!!
I recomend you go for a FULL BODY MASSAGE, tell them what you have been throu and they will take care of your whiplash.
Don`t feel guilty, get reciept`s for everything, and put in a claim!! there is insurances for things like this!!! good luck! and take care!! xx
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-11-2005, 12:48 AM
Aw Mand thank goodness you are ok...do not feel guilty taking time off, you may not realise but you will have some 'shock'..this affects your immune system and makes you more susceptible to colds and illness so take care of yourself .

For the whiplash try laying in a very hot bath for a while with lots of bubbles and soothing oils..lavender is good for this.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Lots of rest and some strong painkillers is all I can recommend. Also, a nice hot bath, if you can lay in one, will ease it a bit. Certainly do not feel guilty about being off work - it's their fault anyway! Take care and hope you feel better in a few days
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks everyone for you kind words

I must admit, I never understood the pain when people said they had whiplash....not that i wasn't sympathetic, but I sure understand now I'm wearing a neckbrace now and it helps a bit..until I take it off..and as for sleeping.....
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >