Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 04:27 PM

Dog friendly cottage holidays in South England

Can anyone recommend a good area with dog friendly cottages in the South?

I'm hoping to book off a longish break from work over Easter and I'd like to take Cain away with my bf to a nice cottage somewhere. I haven't passed my driving test yet and he's not terribly confident and has only just started going on motorways. It's a small car and a big dog, so long journeys not ideal! Personally I'd love to go to Scotland but really we need a location we can get to within an hour or two realistically. We're in SW London, nearish to Surrey.

If anyone knows a specific cottage or company that would be great, or just an area is fine Just a little cottage that sleeps two, allows dogs, must have a secure garden, a pub within walking distance and ideally TV/DVD/internet wifi. I want some lovely walks either countryside or beaches/cliffs, or both would be even better!

Most of all I want it to be quiet. I know it'll be Easter so it will be busy but I want an area where we can get away and walk Cain in peace without bumping into hoards of children and other dogs. I'd like to relax and enjoy our walks.

Not sure which part of the country fits the bill. Any suggestions?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-01-2011, 05:03 PM
Have you seen my gorgeous little static caravan on the website section on here? Yes, Iknow it's only a big caravan, but it has two bedrooms, everything is new, it has a completely fenced garden of its own, plus it's set in 250 acres of forest, so it's peaceful and tranquil and quiet! The forest walk is only yards away from the front gate. You can walk to the clubhouse which is a 5 min walk,, and there's a brand new swimming pool behind the clubhouse, and it's cheap to rent, blimey, what more could you want!!!!

It's in St. Leonard's on sea, a quiet country town, 10 mins from the seafront at Hastings on the South East Coast. 30 mins from Brighton too!

Here's the linkey to my website on here:
http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=124527
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 12:02 PM
Thanks both I think St Leonards was mentioned to me before as a nice place for a quiet beach walk. Caravan looks nice (fence looks a bit low, think I'd still have to keep him on lead in the garden), I'll show it to BF later and see what he thinks

oooh Cain's first holiday, how exciting!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-01-2011, 12:14 PM
We have been camping before.. The way I got around the no secure garden was with a screw in lead thingy...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-PET-DOG-TI...f0f250ffe8251e
Just have a cable lead attached and when The dogs wanted out, but I didn't, I'd just clip the lead on them and let them go I had a bamboo and string line showing people what the reach of the line was and a sign saying dog is friendly with people, but please keep other dogs at a distance. Everyone on the camp site respected that and we got along fine