Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-03-2010, 08:46 PM

Jenna, Staffie x, DOB 2007

Jenna, Staffie x, DOB 2007

Her Story: Jenna was found stray in December; running scared in the snow stray avoiding capture for 3 days. Found to be dehydrated, starving and having recently had puppies. She settled into kennels and proved to be a gentle giant with a good trust of people - must have been toxins built up in her system affecting her thoughts. 3 very similar dogs found within a 2 week period thought to be related.

Salient points: Large dog ?Gt Dane x -Jenna has a gentle nature within a 'fun sincere personality. Recently had pups and had made multiple litters in the past. Now spayed, chipped and vax'd. Good with people and dogs. Meets dogs nicely on the lead. Needs a good sized garden which is secure more to avoid dog thief than concerns of her escaping.

Advert: Jenna is a Tigress; about 2-3 years old. She has a soft fawn brindle coat which is improving since being in our care. Jenna has a good sense of her size and how to calibrate her possible impact when expressing her joy and gratitude for love offered, or response to enjoyable events. She is happy to sleep where placed and adjusts within a domestic setting well. She is housetrained and respectful of possessions. However can be a an opportunist with food currently as Jenna has known real hunger. We would recommend 3 or 4 small meals a day until she settles and develops food trust. Takes food very gently and is respectful of food, no aggression shown.

Jenna will be loved to bits by a large dog family. Her heart is caring and her whole demeanour is sincere. Jenna has probably lived with at least one other dog. She seems to enjoy dogs company, but not too pushy if another dog isn't terribly interested ... that leaves her freer to meld with the people in her life! Jenna in now in good health and ready for "the good life" she anticipated as a puppy and dreamed of as a young adult.

Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-03-2010, 09:24 PM
What a beautiful dog..... so sad that she has been treated so badly.

Hope she finds a forever home deserving of her.....

x0x
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

04-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Awwwwww what a big softie Jenna is. We walked her with Arnold on Saturday as they rub along like old friends. She is a very easy going dog. We were lucky to get in a good walk before the heavens opened. She is real sweetheart and a beauty ...

It was lovely to meet Chryss today, one of our volunteer walkers. Chryss has her favourites and Jenna is one of them I think!

Jenna is waiting for a foster or forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

18-04-2010, 09:23 AM
An update by one of our lovely volunteer walkers:

“Jenna and I set off for the pub today. I love this dog, and if my circumstances were different, I'd keep her. She couldn't contain her joy to see it was her turn, but was easily called up to fall in step next to me.

She was gentle and relaxed, liked rummaging around in the grass, didn't pull, reacted wonderfully to praise, and didn't fuss when we went to the side of the path to let a very well-behaved off-leash Labrador pass. The only small mis-step was a quick lunge when one of the kennel cats darted by when we came back in, but luckily my hand didn't slip off the leash.

She's a handsome dog, too, but still painfully thin”.

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

25-04-2010, 08:10 AM
Jenna went into a foster home yesterday and here is an update and some pics from her fosterers:

"We are very proud to welcome Jenna to our home! Jenna is our first foster dog and she came home with us today. She is a very gentle & affectionate dog and especially adores Mike.

Jenna was as good as gold in the car and slept all the way home. We went for a short walk around the local pond to stretch our legs after the drive and Jenna showed great interest in her new invironment. She ignored the ducks and dogs in the park, but was a little anxious when passing the anglers for some reason. We gave her a quick bath which she didn't mind at all before she had a little nap. It has been quite an exciting day for her and there was a lot of new things for her to take in but she has settled surprisingly well so far, which is great! We are very happy to have this gorgeous lady with us.

Jenna is still looking for her forever home!
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 12:23 PM
oh she is so stunning! i cant believe she hasnt found her forever home already! i hope she does soon.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Poor girl, she's certainly been through some tough times!! She look and sounds fabulous, i'm sure someone out there will give her the home she deserves!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

28-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Now isn't this one a gem ... Jenna and her foster mum ...

Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

08-05-2010, 10:08 PM
An update by Lynne:

"How wonderful to meet one of our dogs after a few weeks in foster and see the difference a loving home environment makes.

Oh it fills the heart to see Charlie meeting Jenna and her recounting how after seeing the state she was in, when she came to us, she just had to take her home for the weekend. Now she is so royal, full of dignity and has such wonderful attributes. She adores dogs and her fosterers are exploring a second foster to come and keep her company".

Jenna is still looking for her forever home!
Rescue Remedies
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

24-05-2010, 09:50 PM
An update from Kirsten, Jenna's fosterer:

"A day of presents for Jenna

A second harness AND ....

...thanks to my friend Janet another dog bed!

Jenna has now the choice of three different ones ... we spoil her just a bit! Although she hasn't mastered the art of how to use this one properly just yet"!
Closed Thread